Chapter 18

I got to the front of the cabin out of breath only to see Mike leaning against the door holding my pack of cigarettes.

"You never told me," he said. He sounded a little irritated. At first I was confused as to what I hadn't told him, and then I realized he was irritated I didn't tell him I smoked.

"I didn't think it was important," I told him.

"It kind of is Mary, it's not good for you," he said. I explained to him my point of view, that I wasn't going to die-ever, so it was fine. He understood what I meant, and we went inside. 

"Tell me, I wanna know what happened," he said immediately after laying down.

"Tell you what? How I started?" I said.

"No, that whole Pierce-Jake thing that happened. Everyone knows about it except me, cough cough, I have the right to know more than any of em," he said taking a deep breath and stretching. 

"Oh them, ok well...." I started explaining to him everything that happened. What I did, what Jake did, what Pierce did, what Jane did, what the others did, and what the Fab8 did. I know I said I didn't care, but I couldn't control the tears from rolling down my face. I didn't feel any emotion though, but the whole situation was overwhelming. i had completely forgot about it when I was with Mike, and now I had to recall every single detail.

"I'm sorry for bringing it up," Mike said as he hugged me. I hugged him back because his company was all I had at the moment. I held on so tight I swear I left a mark. I was sitting there, holding onto him, crying into his tshirt and ruining it, all because of some idiots. He pulled away from me and started talking.

"It's not your fault, everything happens for a reason. You and Jake weren't even dating, he couldn't be mad at you and go off and say that he loved you and blah blah blah. If he really acted that way, imagine how he would act if you were his girlfriend. Dude would've killed you! It's your life, if you wanted to kiss Pierce, you could've. He isn't your dad to tell you what to do and what not to do, and as for Pierce, he's a completely fag. He just left you like that? He must've been really scared and a big wimp to do that. Your sister should've been by your side no matter what because she knows you're a good kid. And the others, they're only sticking with him because they're his friends. Don't feel bad Mar, you'll be ok, there's nothing to feel bad about. Now you have me and the other 8, we have your back. Ok?" He said. He brought an immediate smile to my face. He had called me Mar, which was what my step dad/adoptive dad called me. He even said he was there for me, and I knew that I could count on him with anything. I could tell Mike actually cared, unlike Jake. Maybe it was because we've always had a connection since we were little, or because he was the obvious complete opposite of a douche.

I didn't say anything, just hugged him again.