Chapter 13

I knew that as long as I was near Jake or Kristie, the only emotions that would pour out would be hate and vengeance. My friends knew that too, and a higher level of protection clicked in them. The other vampires had only seen what I had done, but not what he had. And because of that, they were no longer going to be around me. I didn't mind that, though, because it's better to have the 8 friends I do now, then a bunch of fake ones.

From the moment I'd seen Jake and Kristie, I'd known that I couldn't have trusted the other with anything. Why; because they'd never understand me as a person. They all knew who I was, of course, but they hadn't known my emotions. Because even though they could read them, they weren't reading my true emotions. Back there with Pierce, I'd shown them sorrow and depression. Over here with my friends, I'd shown courage and a new level of being carefree. 

I had realized that nothing is as it seems. Afterwards, I was suddenly surprised at how much I'd let go of Jake already, and I would continue to do so. My friends, all eight of them, had understood too. They weren't like the others or like my sister. They wouldn't push me on and ask me if I was okay, because they knew I was.

I knew they knew I was alright, because the second we seated ourselves, we started talking about everything we had planned to talk about. I told them about school and how stupid my teachers were. I told them about my house and how adorable my baby neighbors were. I even told them on how my mom had been with another man that night, right that moment, because I accepted it.

I accepted the fact that my mom, or so my wanna be mom, was really no good for my dad. She would always starrt arguments with him for no reason, didn't cook for him, made him provide for the family. She wasn't a mother, she pretended to be one. My father, on the other hand, was the most amazing gift of life. I told my friends this and I let them know that he was the only reason I was still alive.

"He helps me with my problems and listens. He learned to cook just so he could feed me every night, and took me out whenever I asked. Even when I didn't ask, he would offer taking me shopping with some of my friends. He buys me gifts all the time even when I don't ask for them. He's more of a father figure," I told them.

Kevin reminded me that my biological dad was like that as well, as well as my biological mom. We spent hours there by the water picking up on everything we missed in the past years. I knew life was good, and that coming here wasn't a bad idea.

I had my best friends with me, and no one, not even my sister or a boy, could come between us. The nine of us were together again.