Chapter 14

Those eight beautiful humans knew more about me than anybody else did. I told them all of the secrets they didn't know or hadn't picked up in those eight years. They know knew that my mom was an alcoholic, and that I smoked. 

I don't just smoke for the looks of it or for the fun of it, I smoke for the freedom of it. You see, we're all going to die someday. But as for me, I'll never die. So, there's no reason in stopping. As for the people that do it for looks, I do feel sorry for them, because THEY can die. But, they might just be doing it for the freedom. Everyone needs freedom.

My sister doesn't know I smoke, and I'd like to keep it that way. There's only a certain amount of things I can tell her. Especially now, after all of this, that she had turned her back on me and taken Jake's side, just like everyone else. So, now I have an even smaller limit to what she knows about me.

Marilyn's head suddenly started pounding with pain. She's suffered from migraines since we were little, but I could tell they were different now.

"Let's go to camp so you can rest, Sierra will take care of you," I said. Sierra was always medical-obsessed and could treat anyone and anything. Everyone thought we were siblings because we were exactly alike. So when we got back to camp, no one said a word; everyone had realized the migraines had taken over poor Marilyn, and she didn't need loud talking.

A few hours went by in which I was sitting besides my dear friend. She was asleep, and I was there throughout her nap. I wasn't just going to leave her like that, especially after her almost beating the crap out of Kristie today to make me feel better. She was a good friend and so I was going to be one too.

But looking at her I remembered someone-a little boy. He probably wasn't a little boy now, obviously, because we were about the same age as kids. His hair was dark brown and he had beautiful hazel eyes. This little boy would always tease me, but he was still my friend. It couldn't have been Kevin, or Ace, or Max, or Lennon. I didn't know who he was, honestly. Well I did, I just didn't remember.

I hadn't been remembering a lot of things, and again, only those beautiful eight knew why. During my 4th grade year of elementary, I'd been a stupid little show off. I'd been convinced I was human and wanted to fit in. I was so "human" I'd forgotten how to do pretty much everything a vampire did. To make a long story short, I'd fallen of the monkey bars and got an extreme concussion. 

Yeah, stupid, I know. But it was a severe injury and I'd forgotten everything that had happened before that. I remember 99% of everything now, since it's been so long, but I still don't know some things.

My mind did remember that this little boy was very handsome and was an extremely good friend to me. But my mind also told me he was Marilyn's brother, and that's why she reminded me of him.

There was a sudden knock at the door and I jumped, startled. Who could it be this late, I thought as I turned around to greet the visitor.