Chapter 17

"1. Don't go to places where there's going to be douche bags

2.Don't talk to douche bags

3.If you see a douche bag run

4.Scream when you see a douche bag" were Mike's instructions. I couldn't control my laughter but he seemed pretty serious. He started laughing when he realized I couldn't stop and we sat there for 10 minutes just laughing together. Life was good. 

"Can we go down to the pond?" I asked him out of no where, with a smile on my face. He asked me why I wanted to go so late and I told him because it was prettier now. He got up, threw a pillow at me and said "Race you there!" and he was suddenly gone. I tried catching up to him but he got there before I did.

"I won," I told him-even though I didn't.

"I think you're crazy, I got here before you did," he replied.

"Yeah but you cheated! You threw a pillow at me! Meanie!" I said with a huge smile spread across my face. I left my self phone back in the cabin and so did he. It was just us two, literally, no phones, radios, nothing. Just us.

I kinda like it that way too. Things were more peaceful and enjoyable. We talked for hours about the most random things without stopping. I surprisingly didn't get bored. My night mainly consisted of laughter, tears of joy, and singing random songs that popped into my head.

We left the pond like an hour later, and I was freezing cold. Mike had been wearing a hoodie from before, but I was wearing a crop top and shorts. I didn't tell him I was cold, but he had figured it out by then. He took off his hoodie to reveal a black Nirvana tee. He gave me his hoodie, which I put on, and I playfully punched him and yelled,

"Race you there loser!"