Chapter 3: Jane's POV

How could I have been so foolish?! I just told one of my greatest dangers EXACTLY where I was! They could be lurking around anywhere. We had to get out of there, and quick.

A few minutes later we were dashing through the woods like cheetahs on steriods. If any fisherman or anyone was out right now they would for sure have their assumptions. The air was heavy and damp like your towel 30 minutes after you dry off your hair.

That's odd...it's in the middle of summer, why was it so cold? Probably because it's midnight, duh!

But wait, it's a different type of cold. Dead cold.

Mary must have felt it too because we both immediately turned around. This was either a vampire or a ghost. Either way we'd be fine, unless it was a vampire from BG (Blood Gang.) Two minutes pass (I have an internal clock in my mind) and we see nothing.

My sister has a special power where she can see in the future. And she saw it, the BG. Should we run? We should've. But my sister said they were already approaching, there was no use. And just as predicted, they were suddenly right next to us.

Their breathing was heavy on my skin, almost as if they suffer from asthma and had just been smoking. It felt weird but it shouldn't have. It SMELT weird, but it definitely shouldn't have. It wasn't the smell of blood, that's for sure. No animal (that I know of) or human has blood smell that way.

No way. No freaking way. Is this-no. It can't be. I was smelling hormones. Yeah, hormones. One of these jerks had a crush on either my sister or me. EW!!! Why would a BG Boy have it for one of us? Keep in mind there were girls in the gang too, and I'm almost certain they were all dating each other.

"Well, nice to see you guys out....this late," Devin said with a smirk. I seriously hate that guy. He used to be my neighbor (total barf mode.)

"Oh shut up every vamp is out this late. It's our NATURE," My little sister replied.

"Yeah, OUR nature, but not yours. You guys come from a dirty human family, thinking you're too good for us," A tall guy spoke.

I'd never seen him before and neither had my sister. He had black hair and blue crystal clear eyes. He seemed waaaay too muscular to even be a teenager, but I scanned him (another beautiful gift I have, by the way) and it said he was 18. He was MY age?!

I secretly scanned him again and that's when I realized, HE was the one with the crazy hormones. He liked MARY!