Chapter 19

I woke up to the sound of Mike talking to someone. It was a girl and the voice was extremely familiar. That voice was also extremely irritating. I didn't open my eyes right away because they were talking about me and I knew if I opened my eyes they would stop. A normal person would want people to stop talking about them, but I wanted to hear what they were saying. I realized the voice was Kristie's, and I immediately was about to get up and karate chop her into bits. But keeping my cool, I decided to listen to what they were saying about me.

"Are you serious about this chick Mike? Do you even like her?" The little brat asked. I was surprised by Mike's answer and a little disappointed.

"No! I don't like her as more than a friend you dumba**," Mike answered. Not that I was ready to get into a relationship or anything, but I felt like he liked me. Maybe I was just over thinking, maybe Mike was just being a nice guy by comforting me and making me forget about the crappy day I'd had. That's all it had been, just helping me forget. And that's all it will be, because he still loved Kristie just like Jake did.

"Good, because she messed with Pierce, messed with Jake, and she'll mess with you. She a psychopath. I don't want your heart to be broken," she said in an innocent voice. Too bad she wasn't innocent, but I have to admit it was pretty convincing. Literally in a second, I heard their lips press against each other. I heard them kiss. I decided not to get up. I was gonna let it happen. I didn't even like Mike, he was just a friend. Thankfully I was turned in the opposite direction from them because tears started streaming down my face. They pulled apart and it was because of me. They heard me.

"What's wrong with her?" Kristie asked. I changed my tears into sounds of wheezing, they sounded similar. I seemed to convince Mike and Kristie too, because Mike told Kristie, "I think she's just wheezing."

"Lets go down to the pond, yeah? We have to go before the others see us, they'll hate us both haha," Kristie said. I heard and "Ok" from Mike and he grabbed her arm and they ran out laughing and chuckling.

At this point I didn't really know what to do. I wanted to get up but I didn't want to see the little b^tch with Mike or Jake or Pierce or my sister or the vamps at the scene. I wanted to see my best friends. My beautiful 8, not 9.  I picked up my phone and called Marilyn but it sent me to voicemail. Then I called the other 7 and it sent me to voicemail too. I figured they were probably still sleeping or doing couple/best friend stuff. I called my dad, he answered. Out of no where words started spilling out of my mouth, words that I would later regret.