Chapter 7

Did I really just do that. Did I really just do that?

I pulled away 30 seconds after (internal clock, duh.) I could read his thought. And of course, it was about Pierce. But he had a point, Pierce would KILL him if he found out this happened-even though it's not his fault. It's my fault, not Jake's. 

"We're not a couple, so it doesn't matter," I tried to relax him about the Pierce thing.

"But he's crazy about you,"

"No he isn't. I know him more than you do, and he's doing it to bother you because he knows exactly how we like each other. He's dating Kaitlyn. He's only doing that because he likes getting into people's minds and controlling everything. Kaitlyn said it herself," I even surprised myself with my knowledge.

"You said it yourself, he likes controlling everything. He doesn't want me to even be near you, and when he hears about this he's going to go crazy because he can't control us. He'll lose it,"

"Jake, you're taller than him and waaaay buffer than him. Plus the whole gang hates him, they just don't say anything, you shouldn't be worried about your safety," It's true. He was waaay buffer than Pierce. I'm talking six pack status. I can tell he has one because of his shirt-yeah, I know.

"Amber, I'm not worried about my own safety, I'm worried about yours," He was already protecting me and we aren't even a 'thing' yet.  I think I love him.

We both suddenly heard someone approaching. Ready to run, he hid me behind him. Yup, I love him.

"Oh calm down it's just me you little idiots," Jane suddenly appeared. "I saw everything by the way...and so did everyone else," The others, minus Pierce and Kaitlyn, appeared. 

Great, I already know I'll have no privacy as long as I'm here.

"Don't worry, we won't tell Pierce. Only because you guys are our OTP and we ship it hard," a girl named Alissa said, and everyone started laughing, even us two. She was such a fangirl, I love it.

A couple minutes passed and we were all sitting by the lake talking like if we'd all known each other for ages. That's odd, last time we saw each other they were evil wannabes. 

"Where is Pierce anyway?" Jake asked before I could. Mental synchronization-we have it. That, or he can read my mind, kind of hoping it's the first thing- it's more romantic.

"He's over with Mr.Green," answered Justin. Mr. Green is one of the council members. Ha, if Pierce was in his office then he'd have to do something extremely good or horribly bad. And knowing Pierce, it was something horribly bad.

In a split second Kaitlyn appeared.

"My so-called boyfriend is such a douche. UGH I just want to kick him where it hurts,"

"You should've," Jane said and we all started laughing.

"What happened now?" I asked her.

"That good for nothing idiot cheated on me with a shapeshifter. A SHAPESHIFTER!" 

A shapeshifter.

The words echoed in my head.

"And not just any shapeshifter, the sister of one of your hunters. Jane, Mary, I think he brought us here so they can find you. We need to leave,"

He brought us here so they can find you

We need to leave

"Jake...what if," It was scary to even think about. "What if she shifted and saw everything that happened? What if he's with Mr.Green because he attempted to do something?" Worry filled every muscle in my body, and everyone's smile faded.

"Let's go, you're not going to stay here, you're not going to be in danger," Jake said.

Everyone took off into the sky.

Yes, we can fly.

Great, just great, my powers were failing and on top of that my whole body was numb, I was too scared. Then that's when I felt it-the strongest arms ever grab me around my waist tightly. His cheek pressed against mine, and then we took off. He carried me all the way. 

I loved him.