Chapter 23

been awhile since I updated, been at my cuz's house with a lack of computer and will to stay up and type

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{EDITED}

Groaning at the inconvienient timing, I jumped up and ran downstairs. When I reached the bottom of the stairs, I gagged at the smell that bombarded my nose. I slowly walked around the corner to the living room and froze. Laying there on the floor, was a dead wolf. At first I couldn't tell who it was from the overwhelming stench, but I crept forward and got a closer look at the wolf. Tears started to build up when I realized who it was. Laying there, never to move again, was Tim. My legs gave out under me and I fell to the floor. I crawled over to him and put his furry head in my lap. My tears started to fall while I stroked his fur. I felt my body start to shake with my sobs. When someone put their hand on my shoulder, I couldn't help but growl at them. They didn't move their hand, so I looked up to see who was stupid enough to be around me right now. I saw my dad standing there, with a sad look on his face. Letting out a sob, I jumped up and wrapped my arms around him in a hug.

"Shhhh, it's okay Miz," he told me patting my back.

"Hey Mizzy, why does everyone look so sad?" I heard someone ask. I stiffened and turned my head to see none other than Tim himself standing there looking around. Seeing him, I started to cry more because that meant his death was final. Breaking away from my dad, I looked at Tim and motioned with my eyes for him to follow, then went back to my room. I sat down on my bed and looked down at the floor when he asked the question again.

"Y-y-you're d-dead T-Tim," I said inbetween sobs.

"What? No I'm not, you can see me, hear me, and talk to me. How can I be dead?" he asked staring at me like he caught me in a prank.

I took a deep breath, and sighed. "I can see you, hear you, and talk to you, because ever since I was ten, I've been able to talk to spirits. That's why nobody answered your question, and if you don't believe me, go downstairs and look at the body in the living room." He looked at me then ran out my room. A few minutes later, he came back with a blank look on his face.

"You were right. I'm dead, and I don't even know how. One minute, I'm running through the woods, and the next, I'm standing in your living room."

"I don't know either, I only know as much as you do."

"I can't beli----" Tim started, then suddenly stopped, blushing looking at my chest. Confused, I looked down and saw that I was still wearing nothing but my black lacey bra and my shorts. Squeaking, I jumped up and grabbed my shirt from the floor. I sat back down after I had my shirt back on. Suddenly I got a great idea.

"I just thought of someone who can help you through all of this. Hey Alex, can I borrow you for a sec."

"Whatcha need dumplin'?" Alex asked popping up in my computer chair.

"You remember Tim?"

"Ya what about him?"

"This is him," I told him pointing to an amazed Tim, "he just found out he's dead. So did everyone else, and I figured you would be the best person to help him through it."

"Sure, sorry about the sudden news dude. At least you have someone to tell you you're dead, I had to figure it out the hard way. I just thought everyone was ignoring me as some giant prank."

"Well while you two get acquainted, I'm going downstairs to help out."

Sighing, I walked into the living room and saw everyone there with red eyes and huddled around Tim's eversleeping form. I went up to Zach and leaned against him. He pulled me into a hug so tight, I couldn't breathe, but I didn't mind. I felt his tears soak through my shirt, which made me cry more against his chest. My dad stood up and asked the guys to help carry Tim's body to the temporary pack house so they could mourn the loss. Standing up, I followed behind them with Krysy, and Angy. My mom and dad led the procession through the woods quietly.