Chapter 10

{EDITED}

Hey people in reader land, if you like this story (or even if you don't) you should read "Under the Red Hood" by silentookami. welp here we go.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        I stood in the doorway staring at Zach's father in disbelief. I felt a low growl start to rise in my throat. "Uh-uh girly. None of that now, or my pretty little boy will loose his head," he said with a smirk on his smug face.

       "How did you even get in here?" I asked slowly trying to keep my voice low.

        "Well it wasn't that hard actually. You provided me with the perfect distraction by cooking ,which smells incredibly good I might add, and when the entire pack went downstairs, I climbed up that conviently placed tree right there. My son here forgot to lock the window last night, so I just climbed right on in. I found sonny boy sleeping on the floor, so I walked up behind him and now were here," he told me while I stared at him with disgust written on my face. His own son, he was threating to kill his own son!

         "What do you have against Zach that you are willing to kill him?"

         "You see, I felt so missearable that my own son had beat me and drove me away, that and anger just kept building and building, until I just snapped. I started to hunt him down to get my revenge. I lost his trail for a few days when they moved here, but picked it right back up at your house. I knew that you were his mate from the way he was all lovey dovey around you. Talk about gag, when I met his mom and found out she was my mate, times were simpler and I didn't have to romance her first. Anyways back to the story. When you and that little friend of yours ran up in wolf form, an idea started to creep into my mind. The plan was to get you alone and either make him beg for your life of just kill you. You did the getting alone part by yourself by going into that clearing, but I didn't expect that friend of yours to show up. He did look vaugely familiar though with those eyes, oh well. Unfortunatly I made the mistake of looking over at him, and broke my concentration, letting you call for help. I saw it was useless to continue my plan at that point in time when they jumped in front of you, so I ran away to continue at a later time."

        "What does me being his mate have to do with anything? Just the simple fact that you want revenge on your only son sickens me."

         "Well once you find your mate, it becomes nearly impossible to live if they die. So I figured the best way to get revenge on Zach was to well, kill you," he answered with maniacal grin. "Yet now that I think about it, I'll be leaving now, and you're coming with me sonny boy," he laughed evily, and after he knocked Zach unconscious with the hilt of the knife, jumped out of the window.

        By the time I got to the window, they had already disappeared. Before the scent was gone, I jumped out of the window, and in my raging fury, shifted before I hit the ground. As I ran, I let the pent up growl out loudly. I ran as fast as I could following the scent, but before long I reached a spot where the scent branched out and doubled in on its self so many times I got confused. I went back to the pack house slowly only to find everyone outside shifted when I got back.

         Sweety what happened? Dorine asked gently.

         Zach's father came and got him. I tried to follow, but got confused when the scent went all over the place. I told her looking down at my paws. The reaction I got to my answer was the whole pack growling. Feeling to depressed to tell them the rest of the story, I ran off into the woods hearing a few members of the pack try to follow. I quickly put a stop to their pursuit by letting out a growl that bounced off the trees. I heard them whine and stop, but I kept running and running until I felt like my legs were about to fall off.

         Sighing I laid down in the grass, and tuned everything out including my own thoughts. I didn't hear it when someone came up beside me and nudged my side. Startled, I jumped up and snarled at the new comer. I relaxed when I saw it was just Krysy, and laid back down. Krysy settled herself down beside me, and kept survailance. After a few minutes of quiet I decided to talk to her. So, I suppose you've heard about what happened to Zach.

        Ya, and I'm really sorry. I might not of found my mate yet, but just looking at the way you two acted around each other even if you didn't realize it, made me see what true love in bloom is. Looking at you now, I see none of that love from before. I just see a depressed wolf who lost her mate to his phyco dad. You might feel depressed but think about if the roles were reversed and you were taken by his dad. Do you think Zach would just push away everyone who tried to help him and disappear in the woods? No, he would spend every waking moment, shit he would even spend his entire time dedicated to tracking you and getting you back. So stop feeling sorry for yourself and get up.

           You're right Krysy. I'm going to spend the rest of my life if I have to and find Zach. I stood up and stretched, then looked at Krysy with a new fire in my eyes. So what's first?

           When we got back to my house, I changed into my running outfit and met Krysy outside in my backyard. "Alright, first things first. Stealth. you won't get very far if you can't sneak up on your target. See that target over there?" she asked me pointing to a dummy hanging in the middle of our field." I want you sneak up on it. Before you say anything, the point of this exercise is to get close to it quietly. And, Go!"

            I slowly snuck up on the target focusing on lifting my weight to make myself lighter. It was so quiet, that when I accidently stepped on a twig, it sounded like a gun shot. I cussed under my breath, as Krysy yelled at me to start over. After the third try, I managed to sneak up and tackle the dummy to the dirt. I stood up grinning, only to see Krysy moving closer to me. When she got to where the dummy was she threw it across the field. "Okay, this exercise is to sneak up on me without me smelling you. It's just like hunting, just me not some dim witted deer."

           After a few fails, I was ready to strangle Krysy when I heard a voice in my head that was new. Calm down and breath. Getting mad ain't gonna get you anywhere with this.

          What the.... who are you?

          I'm Jacklyn, your wolf. Now shut up and do as I say.

          Yes ma'am your majesty. I told her mentally bowing and laughing.

           Whatever. Now wait until the wind shifts towards your face. Good, now everytime you feel the wind shift follow it and always stay downwind of her.

           I did as I was told and quiety crept up on Krysy. When I got close enough, I tackled her like I did the dummy. Laughing, I got up and did a victory dance. Krysy laughed and then stood up beside me. "You know you are too good at this stuff."

           "Why thank you ma'am, you flatter me to much, honestly," I told her in a thick southern bell accent.

           "No seriously. It took me ten tries just to be quiet, and thirty tries just to stay downwind all the time. Although you're no where near finished yet."

            "There's more?"

            "Yup, you still have to learn how to fight in both forms and how to do everything we just did in wolf form. Then you'll have weapons training. Most people don't like to use them, but they're your best bet if the enemy has a gun. So where you wanna start?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yay finally stupid computer kept closing the internet on me while I was typing, but finisheddddd >.<