Chapter 1

{EDITED}

Well here it is! My first story!! YAY!! took some convincing from my friends to put it up and I finally agreed to. Sorry its so long I was typin it up before I decided to put it on here >.<

-------------------------------------------------------

     I'm just like any other sixteen-year-old sophmore at Needville High School. I'm smart and athletic. I have two annoying older twin brothers, Jason and John. I have long wavy brown hair, and a dazling smile, but those aren't my most noticable features. It's my eyes, they're emerald green. When I'm not studying, I'm either reading or drawing. Put simply I live a basic normal life except for one thing, I can see spirits.

                                                                          * * *

     It all started when I was ten-years-old, I had a near death experience. I was climbing a tall oak tree by the house. I had accidentally climbed to the top of the tree, lost my footing and fell all the way down the tree. On the way down, I hit my head on a couple of thick branches and blacked out. When I woke up I was in the hospital all bandaged and had lots of machines attached to me. As I looked around, I noticed all of the balloons, flowers, and stuffed animals piled in the room. Then I noticed my mom sleeping in a cushioned chair by the bed.

     "Mommy," I said while trying to sit up, but couldn't because of a sharp pain in my side.

    She woke up and looked around trying to figure out who was talking to her. After a minute her eyes landed on me. "Hey, your awake. How you feeling?" she asked.

     "My side hurts a lot," I groaned holding my side.

   "It's gonna hurt for a while. You broke two ribs and fractured another two," mom explained while her eyes teared up. Of course at the time I had no idea what that meant.

    "Why are you crying Mommy?" I asked her confused.

   "I'm just glad your alive and okay sweetie," she said while crying. "I'm going to tell your dad and the nurse your awake. Go back to sleep until I get back okay?"

    "Okay Mommy," I whispered while closing my eyes and going back to sleep.

    A few minutes later I heard people talking and moving around the room. When I opened my eyes, I saw all these people I did not know. They all had a bright light coming from them, and were slightly transparent.

   "Ah, I see your awake Marie," one said looking at me. "My name is Alexander, but everyone calls me Alex."

   I just stared at Alex with confusion. How does he know my name? Before I could ask him, my mom walked in. I looked at Alex expecting him and mom to start talking to each other, but Alex just motioned for me to be quiet with his finger.

   To my surprise, Alex disappeared into thin air! I frantically looked around for him, but gave up when I saw no sight of him. Then I started to call his name. Softly at first then got louder and louder. "Alex, Aleeexxxx, Alex, ALEX, ALEX! ALEX!"

   Mom ran over to me when I started to cry and asked me what was wrong. "Marie, whose Alex?"

   "He was just here, then he went poof! and left," I sobbed.

   When I got home, I went straight to my room to take a nap. I woke up to a male voice calling my name. At first I thought nothing of it, until the person got right by my ear and yelled my name. "AAHHHHHH!!!!!!"

   "SSSSHHHHHH!!!!! Do you want your mom to come in here and risk me leaving again? Shesh, and here I thought you wanted to talk to me," the voice said.