CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

Narrator

Elijah stood face to face with his biggest nightmare. Himself.

He was dressed in a black suit which was meant to be filthy but as he dusted himself off, looked to be just squeaky clean. Elijah swallowed wondering how he would do this without having to consume Anti-Elijah.

"I see you've finally come!" The cherry tone disgusted Elijah so much, he understood why he couldn't allow this...thing to continue living.

"You've terrorized my people." Elijah said lowly. "Killed them off like it was nothing." He tilted his head. "Have you no shame?"

"Why would I?" The laughter which came caused needle pricking sensations in Elijah's ears. "They were of no use to anyone."

Elijah flexed his hands then and shook them off. His being one earth's plane was already taking effect.

"Let's finish this."

"Oh,but what fun would that be?" Anti-Elijah laughed and he began to grow. Elijah looked on as his own darker self began to grow taller, as tall as a skyscraper and as wide too. He followed then, allowing his bones to grow and stretch until he was level with his darker self.

The air was thicker but even then, it was breathable. Feeling the world counting on him Elijah threw the first punch. It was dodged but that didn't deter him as he threw kicks and landed other punches. They wrestled causing earthquakes where they fell.

It was a mess. Limbs were rising, taking trees out with them, Theodore disapproved of this from his view.

As they fought Elijah felt himself tire as the earth beneath him slowly began to die. Soon, he really would be the cause of the world ending.

He drew air and thrust out his palm into Anti-Elijah's chest, effectively blowing him off his feet before it rose again and delivered the same  blow. Once Elijah was on the ground he was straddled and punches came his way left right and centre before he gasped, a hand entering his chest cavity.

It felt pike he was dying for real as his darker self wrapped his hand around his heart.

"I remember a time where you were strong," it whispered to him as he gasped for air. "When you begged for chaos and distraction... And death." Elijah felt his ear being licked as slowly his life depleted. "Where is my Elijah? The one who hated man? Who killed without thought? Who manipulated and stole what was denied him?"

"He died...a long time ago." Elijah gasped and took hold of the mans grasp as suddenly he felt himself enriched with power a with life and a stronger will.

Below him they stood holding hands, chanting as they channeled their power towards Elijah.

Theodore, Xavier, Linus, Gabriel and Alexander all stood channelling their magic into light and feeding it into Elijah's enlarged form.

Elijah hated the thought but he knew it was all that was left of him to do, all that he could do to save his friends...his family.

He held onto Anti-Elijah's throated then he pulled the thing to him and kissed him. It was short and Anti-Elijah moaned before his eyes widened in fear. Then he was sucked into Elijah's form in a cloud of black smoke. Elijah gasped and choked at the rancid taste of it.