CHAPTER TWELVE

Gabriel

After questioning Rose, we found that she had been tracking me down and had stumbled upon the car I had used to drive myself to the village site, which I left on the side of the road. She reported it hoping that she would be able to draw me out using the police but they were being too slow for her liking.

After finding out that not only was there a bounty on myself but Linus, I wasn't sure if I cared much or if I wanted to worry. I just told myself not to care, he could take care of myself.

We were driving back to the pack house to get the pack doctor to help Rose with the sword sticking out of her thigh. She refused to remove it, saying that she'd lose more blood that way. She was looking faint anyway so we left her.

"Dante..." I said as he drove. "Have you been following me?"

"What?" He scoffed and I sighed.

"I mean, how did you happen to be at the right place at the right time today?" I glanced at him with an accusatory gaze and he shook his head.

"I don't know what your talking about."

"He follows you to school and back to the pack house everyday." Rose commented from the back seat which made my brows rise. "I know this because I was also following you."

"Wow, will you look at that? I never took you for a stalker Dante." I chuckled and shook my head.

"I wasn't stalking!" He whined. "It was just...precaution! I knew there were people out to get you,so I made sure to be around when they came around." He seemed proud of his answer which made me shake my head.

"Right, if that helps you sleep at night." I looked off to the side and sighed before I saw something in the side mirror. A face, familiar to me smiled. His blue eyes sparkled and he smirked before the image began to fade.

My brows were furrowed as I wondered why I was seeing this man. I recalled seeing him in my dream not so long ago. Now I was seeing him awake. I realise, as I thought of it that I had seen pictures of him around the pack house. I only knew that he was Elijah, the former Alpha to the Greyhound Mountain pack. Other than that and the fact that his children are sort of my friends now, I didn't know much, never bothered to ask. Now, now I was curious.

"Can we please get a move on!" I snapped out of my thoughts to see that we were at the pack house. Dante was watching me with furrowed eyes.

"What?" I frowned and he blinked and shook his head.

"Nothing." He got out and I followed. He helped Rose and I lead them to the infirmary.

"WHO IS TRACKING BLOOD AROUND THIS HOUSE!!? I SWEAR, THERE WILL BE HELL TO PAY IF IT ISN'T CLEANED UP, NOW!" Theodore yelled out and I winced looking down at the trail of blood Rose had made.

The doctor began helping with a scowl my way. I only rolled my eyes.

"I swear the person better be dying." Theodore said as he walked in. I chuckled and rubbed the back of my neck ready to explain. "Rose?" Theodore said confused and Rose looked at him like a doe caught in headlights.

"Uh?"

"How can you...?" Theodore shook his head. "No, sorry. Who are you?"

I glanced at Dante who only sighed and pulled put his phone.

"Rose," she said and chuckled before wincing and groaning loudly and giving the doctor a deadly glare.

"Rose...?"

"Cadragn the second." She panted and the doctor, I forgot her name, began stitching her up.

"Cadragn? You are from a hunters family. What are you doing here?"