CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Gabriel

The only thing I could say, was "wow". I blinked at Raphael who was pouting.

"So, you took him from his bedroom and brought him here." I counted on my hand. "Then you tried to compel him but he is somehow immune." Raphael sighed. "Then he told you that he needed a distraction anyway and so, gave you permission to give him the most mind blowing 72 hours of his life, without popping his...cherry." Raphael ran his hands through his hair. "And then he told you that you are to stay as far away from him as possible."

"See my dilemma?"

"Not really." I deadpanned then and snickered before taking a sip of my grape juice. "You got an entire 72 hours with Travis. You were allowed to do anything to him except pop his cherry, stupid expression by the way, and then say good bye. Knowing you, that's a food deal."

"But I want more." He looked at me with wide eyes and I frowned. He looked like such a puppy. "It's only been one day and I want to see him again... I want to feel him again." I blinked feeling shocked.

"Err...Raphael? Are you sure it isn't just your hormones talking?" I joked and he stood then shocking me.

"I'm serious," he looked me dead in the eye and his face completely stoic. I blinked.

"Oh..." I stood too. "Well, what would you like me to do?"

"Talk to him!" He took my hands. "Please," I nodded then for my old friend, wanting to help him but not sure how I would accomplish this by talking to Travis, we weren't even that close to begin with.

Then I found myself right before the boy. He stared at me confused before he laughed.

"You are kidding, right?" He bent down and retrieved wet cloths from the hamper to hang them up. He was on laundry duty. "We had a deal, Gabriel and he has to stick to it."

"But he wants to see you again."

"So? That doesn't change anything." He worked, not looking at me and I sighed. "It was fun, it was, I won't lie." He looked at me seriously, his blue eyes so much like his father it was scary. "But, I have a mate out there and in a few months, I'll find him or her... I can't risk getting attached to Raphael when my mate is out there somewhere."

He made a very good point, one that I couldn't even argue with, that I didn't want to argue with because I knee what it was like to have a mate, to be helplessly I love with them. I sighed and nodded as he finished and went back inside the pack house.

I did try though, so Raphael wouldn't be too mad, right?

"Gabriel!" I turned to the side to see Theodore smiling.

"How are you?" I smiled and nodded.

"Amazingly happy." I chuckled. "So, how is everything?" I asked referring to the information I had given him about the killings taking place using my own markings.

"I know who we are looking for, just not how to fins him." I nodded knowing he was referring to who I had begun referring to as "anti-Elijah".

"Maybe we just have to wait..." I said and he looked at me sharply.

"But people are dying...can we really just sit back in our personal paradise and not do anything?"