Chapter 55

After that moment, you thought your eyes were deceiving you when you thought they saw hurt flash across Shi-dae's face but it was gone quicker than you could process it so you decided to forget about it.  

"Hurry up, child. I don't have all day, so I suggest you give me that", the man eyes The Key in your hand and your finger unconsciously clench protectively around the precious item.   You have gone through hell just to keep this small object from falling into the wrong hands, it only makes sense for your body to be hesitant to let it go. Yet here you are, moving towards him as the heinous grin on his face grows with every small step you take.

You raise your arm to hover it above his own outstretched one, his palm open expectantly.  The dread rises within you as you plop The Key into it and he quickly withdraws his arm before looking at you smugly, "Wonderful doing business with you", he says mockingly and gives you a smile that makes you uneasy.

You see another flash of something in his eyes, but this time it's not the remorse you thought you saw before, no, it was something the complete opposite. It was practically mania. And you saw it clear as day make its way into his facial expression with the faint twitch of his eye.

You felt severly apprehensive with that look of his and as he waved his hand in dismissal at you, you took no time in turning your back and making your way back towards your half-brother and his gang. You felt a chill run down your spine as you heard his deranged laughter and forced your legs to move faster. You wanted to get out of that place so you could go as far way from this crazed man as possible.

But you were too late.

"I'm afraid I can't let you leave though, little girl. You see, I don't let my dealers walk free and you are no exception"

A click of the safety.

Horror embedding into the faces of Monsta X as they looked behind you.

The crack of a bullet escaping it's barrel.

And everything went black.

***

Third Person POV

Shownu watched in dismay as his sister fell to the ground after her body jolted from the impact of Shi-dae's bullet. Blood was beginning to pool around her and that's when his adrenaline kicked in.

He ran, leaving his comrades to take care of the shoot out that has now broken out and went over to grab Y/N.
Her eyes were shut and she lay unmoving in front him. He tried to ignore the grim conclusion his mind was starting to come to and leaned down to grab her lifeless body in his arms.

He quickly took cover, flinching when he felt pain in his left bicep from a stray bullet but not once faltering in his grip on the frail girl in his arms. As he starts to get back up so he can take Y/N somewhere safe, he is interrupted by 3 Starship men serving his father.

But before he can move to defend himself, the men are already taken care of. One has their throat slit, the other stabbed in the heart and the last  shot clear in the head. Shownu looks to identify Astro gang members Rocky and Moonbin along with Taehyung of BTS.

He realizes now as he takes another look around that Got7, BTS, and Astro have all joined in the fight and are now overwhelming the enemy side with their numbers.

"Hurry up! We need to get out of here!", he turns his head to see Youngjae of Got7 along with the rest of his gang members hurriedly beckoning him over to them with his arms as some of them are covering them with shots firing from guns of their own. Wasting no time, Monsta X reunites with their leader while also joining in the crossfire as they all stampede towards the exit. 

Once they make it out, everyone hops into a nearby vehicle. Wonho and Minhyuk speed up their running to take the driver and passenger seats of the nearest car while Jinyoung follows behind Shownu as he carefully enters the backseat of the SUV. Yoongi enters from the other side, his eyes only focused on Y/N as he doesn't even bother to put on his seatbelt and instead secures the unmoving head of the girl in his lap while Jinyoung and Shownu begin working on stopping the bleeding and examining her body for any other injuries.

The car ride is thick with fearful tension for the woman whom all these cold-hearted gang members have come to care about so deeply. Wonho is glancing towards the rearview mirror every second, Minhyuk who is beside him is warily glancing out the window to keep an eye out for tails, Jinyoung is doing his best to clot up the nasty bullet wound on Y/N's back and working furiously as he doesn't even hear a peep from her, Shownu's face shows nothing but pure worry for his sister as he helps the man next to him address her wounds, and Yoongi is staring solemnly at her pale face with his hand gently caressing her soft, round cheeks.

"Don't you dare die on me, Y/N", his threat was supposed to be out of anger, something to keep her going but instead it came out frustrated and desperate. His face contorted with the rising despair that was filling his heart, his throat closing up along with the tears that he refused to let fall. 

Suddenly the car jerked to the left, throwing everyone inside harshly against one side before returning back as Wonho steered back on course. Several vehicles had appeared behind them, while everyone was busy worrying about what was going on in the back seat and one of them had sped up to ram into side of their vehicle. "Those fucking bastards", Wonho growled and his fury was reflected on everyone else's face.

Minhyuk and Yoongi had pulled out their guns, rolling down the windows to shoot at their followers and successfully taking out the ones closest to them with a bullet to the tire and another to the driver of the car behind that one. Wonho slammed the accelerator as he saw the familiar white building of a hospital and prayed, just as everyone else in the car who was conscious that Y/N would pull through.

***

Song Name: My Valentine

Artist: VIXX

"A goal without a plan is only a dream"

-Brian Tracy