Chapter 47

Everyone had finally put the pieces together, the room filling with deafening silence as they all waited for something to happen.

Y/N's POV

She was having an internal battle with herself, barely holding on as half of her self still refused to believe Shownu being her half-brother but was slowly being overwhelmed by all the information pointing to the truth that in fact he was. It continued to go on like that, her external body starting to heave in air from her mental instability.

But then something clicked and she grew still as she remembered something.

~

Y/N was 16 years old at the time, coming home from school with her brother in tow. She was beginning to grow frustrated with the boy's slow pace and let out a huff of impatience, deciding to grab his wrist and pull him closer to their house, "Come on JinJin, move your legs, ppali!".

They had received their report cards today and the young Y/N was especially excited to show their mother her straight A's she worked hard to earn. It wasn't easy to train for hours at night then again early in the morning before walking to school and maintaining a high GPA, but she did it and she was eager to show her success to her parents.

"Eomma, we're home!", she announced once entering the house. Jinwoo sighed as he watched his sister skip to their mother's room but he let a happy smile grace his lips, he was proud of his little sister's accomplishment. Their father was not usually home since business back at Black Lupin headquarters required him to stay there for long amounts of time.

Humming to herself, she held the papers behind her back as she approached her mother's door. She was going to try and surprise her, quietly opening the door to slip inside.

Just as she was about to reveal herself, her wide grin dropped as she saw her mother's shoulders shaking and she realized she was crying. Slowly walking closer to her, Y/N realized her mother was looking at a Polaroid of what looked like a selfie of her mother and a little boy, she was kissing him on the cheek while his face was scrunched up like he didn't like it but he still had a small but visible smile. 

She knew it was not her brother because this boy had dark brown, almost black hair while JinJin had dirty blonde hair. "Eomma? Who's that?", her mother halted in her sobbing and turned to look down at her daughter in surprise. She rushed to wipe away her tears and put on a forced smile for her but it was already too late as the younger girl held a concerned expression on her face.

"Come here, honey", she said and Y/N shuffled over to the foot of bed where her mother was sitting and planted next to her, looking up with curious eyes for the latter to speak. Her mother let out a laugh at her obvious interest, caressing her daughter's soft hair before she placed the picture in her small hands to see better. 

"Y/N, this is someone I hold very dear. Alongside you, your father and brother of course", she chuckled when the girl started to pout at her. "His name is Hyunwoo", Y/N repeated the name in her head to remember. "When did you meet him?", she asked. "Well, when I used to live with Mr. Kim, we would always be around each other. I loved him as much as I love all of you", her mother poked her nose, making Y/N giggle.

"Is that why you are sad, Eomma? Because you don't see him anymore?", the little girl asked. Her mother nodded, turning her head away to look distantly out the window as she thought of her other son. Shaking her head, she put away the solemn feeling she had inside and looked down at her daughter.

She grabbed her smaller hands and turned her whole body to face her, "Now, is there something you want to show me, Y/N?", she asked. Her daughter completely forgot about surprising her mother and was excited once more, grabbing her card and giving it to her mother to read.

With a shocked expression, Y/N's mother exclaimed dramatically, "Straight A's?! My Y/N is a genius!", she pulled her daughter into a hug. "I'm so proud of you, baby", she whispered and all the young Y/N felt at that moment was warm happiness.

~

"H-hyunwoo?", I hesitantly said.

Shownu had his full attention on me now, he responded, "You know my real name?"

Ignoring his question I said to myself, "So it's true then. You really are my half-brother."

To be honest, I don't really know what to feel now. I have been seeking revenge on this dude for god knows how long only to find out he is related to me. I should try and figure out what his ulterior motive is...

"Whatever, you being my brother doesn't change the fact you killed my father and our mother. Actually that just makes it worse", I say in disgust as I think more about it. 

I stop for a moment to look into his eyes after saying that. He looked like he wanted to say something, but was hesitating on letting it out. Before he could open his mouth, though, he was interrupted by a knocking on the door.

Everyone turned their heads to see who it was, they didn't wait for an answer and waltzed into the room, a skip in their step. "Monsta X Oppas!", the girl shrieked in her obnoxious voice as she and her other 3 members entered behind her.

Her grin turned into a smirk as her eyes laid on mine, "And hello there, Unnie". I said nothing, keeping my face in it's stony expression as I recognized the brats I used to room with whenever I was too lazy to go back to my college dorms.

"What do you want?", I.M asked harshly but the negative tone of his voice went over the girl's heads as they turned their attention back to them, bright smiles back on their faces. "Well we wanted to visit our favorite oppas while we were here and frankly I'm bored", Rose said while sitting back in a chair close to the wall of the room.

From the very moment the girls came in, Shownu's face has been hardened into an unreadable expression. "Interrogating our ex-leader, I see?", Jennie asked nonchalantly while picking at her nails. "Ooo! I can help!", Lisa excitedly raised her hand up in the air and bounced over to the gang.

I rolled my eyes at her sick way of enjoying torture. While I was annoyed by their presence, I settled with having my attention on anything else in this small room. I noticed, by looking at the faces of Monsta X members, that they didn't seem to be very happy Blackpink was here either which surprised me.

My focus was forced back to whoever was in front of me as I felt a sharp pain in my thigh, which I looked down to see a pen jabbed into it and glared up at the bitch who did it, who just stared back at me arrogantly. "Don't ignore us, Y/N", Jisoo said and I bit my lip hard to keep myself from crying out as she slowly twisted it around in the fresh wound.

I let out a soft groan when she was shoved away and the excruciating pain went down. I heard her gasp as the man gripped her arm harshly and dragged her towards the door while she was whining in protest, "Oppa, what are you doing?!". He swung the door open and rudely pushed her outside, I let out a chuckle when she tripped on her own feet and stumbled to the floor.

Everyone else was shocked at his actions and my arising laughter stopped when I saw his enraged expression when he turned his head to glare at the other girls. "Get the fuck out!", he roared. When the girls didn't move, he raised his voice even more, "What are you, deaf? I said leave!", his members helped to roughly escort them outside along with Jisoo. They quickly turned around to try and talk to him but he slammed the door loudly in their faces.

He let out a deep sigh, I saw his head lower as he calmed himself down before turning to walk back over to me. My eyes widened when I saw a sincere apologetic look on his face as he knelt down to my level and said in an almost whisper, "I'm so sorry, Y/N"

***

Hey guys! It's been a while, huh? I guess with school starting again, I have almost forgotten about working on this story and I apologize for making those who actually enjoy this story wait for so long. I appreciate your patience. I also want to let you guys know that if you have anything you want to say, if you just want someone to listen, I will do that and not judge you at all, no matter what the background is. Anyway, I hope to see y'all next chapter, annyeong!

Song Name: Hocus Pocus

Artist: PLT

"Work for a cause, not for applause. Live life to express, not to impress."