26: Blanket

Chapter 26: BLANKET

W I L L

I had a great night at the beach. We build a bonfire and we ate near it because the sea night breeze was getting colder as the sky darkened.

I wanted to go to the water after dinner but I didn't because I think I would freeze to death. We took a walk after dinner in the shoreline as I brought the only blanket that Hal brought and wrapped it around me because Hal said he could endure the cold air and saying that he already got used to it.

The wind was messing my hair and I wanted to feel the wind no matter how cold it was so I spread my arms sending the blanket backwards and I squeaked and chuckled because the wind felt so cold, making me shiver.

I wrapped the blanket back around me and looked at Hal.

"How do you do that?" I asked because he looked as if the sun was still up. He wasn't feeling the cold.

"You'll get use to it." He said, chuckling.

I frowned. No matter how many years I'll be living there. I would never get use to the cold wind every night outside.

"You're a cold-blooded Hal." I chuckled.

"I am." He said and looked up making me look up also.

The night sky looked so beautiful and I'd never seen a lot of stars until this night. I stared in awe and the thin boat-shaped moon looked beautiful also. I want to lay down on the sand and just look at the sky until I fall asleep.

"I've never seen so many stars just like this." I said. "It looked so nice."

"I know."

We walked back to the tent and the fire was becoming smaller so Hal threw some firewoods to the fire. He really prepared everything there and it really made me feel so happy. I was glad I went with him.

**

I felt excited when I went inside tent and laid down. The last time I remember that I went sleeping in a tent was when I was still in grade school. It was a school activity.

"Do you always do this?" I asked and Hal slipped inside the tent. It was huge it could fit four people inside.

"Sometimes." He said and zipped the  second layer of the door, which was a net, close.

"With your friends?" Hal laid down and looked at me. I was still sitting with my legs crossed.

"No. You're the first one to come here. Not even my close friends got to set foot here." He said making me smile.

"Why?"

"Because my place's far and it's not like I don't want them to go here but I like it quiet and order."

I frowned. "But I'm not quiet."

"You are." He said and I laid down beside him, pulled the blanket and shared it with Hal.

I looked at him and he was giving a look that he wanted to say something but he was fighting not to say it.

"Say it." I said and he raised both of his brows. "You looked like you have something to say to me."

"I just hope that you enjoyed." He said.

"Are you kidding me? I enjoyed it so much. Just laying here knowing that I am sleeping outside near the ocean excites me."

Hal smiled and nodded.

**
I woke up alone in the tent and I crawled and peeped outside. It was still dark. I searched for my phone and checked the time. It was still four, twenty-two in the morning. I grabbed the blanket and wrapped it around me as I went outside and walked in the cold sand with my bare feet.

I looked around and to Hal's house but everything was dark. The bonfire was already turned to cold ashes and was getting swept away by the wind.

Hal wasn't anywhere my sight.

"Hal?" I called and looked around.

All I could hear were the sound of the waves, the echo of my voice and the wind.

I pulled the blanket closer to my body and I jumped when I heard Hal from behind.

"Did you missed me?" He suddenly appeared making me jump and my heart started racing like crazy.

I frowned because he was only wearing his boxers and his hair was wet.

"You went for a swim?" I exclaimed and he nodded. "This early? Aren't you cold?" I asked and he shook his head. There's no way he wasn't cold. I even felt cold. "Come here." I said and he frowned.

I stepped in front of him and wrapped my arms around him with the blanket wrapping us together. It was his blanket and I would feel bad if I wouldn't share it.

I frowned at him when he was just looking at me.

"What?" I asked.

"I like you." He said and I was taken a back by that.

My heart was racing inside my chest and I didn't know what to say back. Hal was always been good to me and I couldn't deny that I also have special feeling for Hal but I didn't know what to call that feeling.

"A thank you will do." I said and he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I didn't remove my arms around him because I was covering him with the cold wind.

"I like you and thank you." He said and I looked at him but I couldn't look straight.

My heart never beats crazily like this. Just when I saw him and if he do things like this. He makes me feel self-conscious sometimes and lately, I've been thinking of him.

"I don't know. I guess I-I also like you." I said and I could see his face changed into a surprised expression.

"What?" He smiled but he looked like he didn't believe what he just heard.

"Nothing." I looked away. Like I didn't have to say it twice because I knew he heard me perfectly.

"No. You said you like me too."

"I did?"

"I heard." He smiled and I caught him staring at my lips making me blush. "Even the ocean heard you."

I just opened my mouth to say something but no words came out. I didn't know what to say at all so I just stared at Hal and I knew what he was about to do. I perfectly knew what when he leaned his face closer and I was frozen.

Everything in me became warm when his lips touched mine. I remembered him kissing me before but this time was different. It wasn't a game. It was the reality and the kiss felt different. It was slow and careful making me close my eyes.

Hal slowly pulled away from my lips and we stared for a few seconds before he smiled and pulled me in a hug.

A long and tight hug.

******