chapter 44

MELANIE'S POV

wow.

i'm a really good person aren't i? you know trying to build a friendship between me and matt, filling him in on the major things that are happening in my life.. for instance that bitch ass motherfucker lainey who's basically followed me to the city where i live to fucking stalking me.

first of all, i love that for myself.

and second, yup. that's a good friend right there. i totally let him know the tea. that's me.

i fucking hate myself.

"mel?" matt gives me raised eyebrows. one of those looks that say 'care to fucking explain?'

"i-um-uh.." is all i manage.

my situation's kind of bizarre. how exactly do i explain it?

"basically," ian blurts for me, "mel's psycho bitch of an ex best friend was sending her threats and somehow found out where we live and is plotting some crazy bitch voodoo spell to put on us."

i turn back to matt, shrugging. "basically."

i couldn't have put that better myself.

he pulls his eyebrows together, lifting his index finger as if he's actually struggling to process this. i could almost laugh at his reaction.

"hold on..." matt tries to piece it all together. "i swear you mentioned this girl to me before.. she's threatening you?"

shit. i did tell him. but only vaguely, im sure.

"yeah," i say quietly.

this is so embarrassing. my ex best friend is plotting some extravagant sabotage for no reason at all besides that she's a total slut. and now the guy who im trying to build a friendship with is about to be dragged into this.

"mel," ian interrupts, but his voice is calm. "what do you want to do?"

why do i feel pressure at my shoulders? i want to vomit again.

"i-i.." my voice cracks.

what is this bitch gonna do?

but more importantly, what do i want to do about it?

"whatever it takes."

• • •

super short but it's just a little something to remind u what the story is actually about lol