chapter 40

MATT'S POV

as i skim my eyes over the text one last time, i feel my heart palpitate.

fuck, i really have gone soft. if any one notices, they'll soon be calling me 'bitch boy', and i damn well can't have that.

though i wanna work towards changing for the better..

trying not to smile, my thumbs tap the keyboard of the screen. i hit send.

"champion," bailey grunts. i realize that ive already stood up from my seat. am i that excited? "what are you doing?"

i'm not gonna argue my way out of class. that's never worked for me, but i mean has it for anyone?

my method is, (and always has been) to simply tease my way out.

"i'm calling you out on that brown stain on your pants, that's what mr." i say smugly.

at this everyone turns to look at me. then they turn to search for the stain on bailey's pants. and there's a stain alright.

below his left pocket, there's quite a large and very noticeable brown smear. i know it's probably not what everyone thinks it is, but it makes me chuckle thinking about it.

the teacher's pale face drains of even more colour. "excuse me?" his voice breaks.

"aw," i let my hands dramatically fall to my sides. "don't tell me you didn't notice..."

"n-" he looks down at his blue, adidas track pants. the man's eyes widen. "n-no that's just sauce-"

"hah!" i continue to poke fun. "mr, don't lie! especially not to your students, i mean you can be honest with us," i give an exaggerated smile as i turn around to nod at everyone.

i receive nods back, and few giggles.

"it's not what you think it is i-"

"mr bailey," i grin, throwing my backpack over my shoulder and slowly stepping towards the teacher's desk. "there's a question on everyone's tongue and we need an answer."

the man gulps.

wait, is it seriously what we all think it is?

"i don't know what your talking about kid, now sit down-"

i continue to press. "you got shit on your pants, don't you?" my smile becomes taunting.

mr bailey doesn't say anything. my cheeks become heated as i try not to laugh. everyone else does though. whilst he stands at the front in embarrassment, i leave the room.

i know what i did was immature, and seemed pointless. but the last time i ditched class without stirring trouble, my gym teacher tackled me to the fucking floor.

...

MELANIE'S POV

standing by the steal bleachers, i raise my hand above my eyes to block out the sun. and then there's matt, dressed in a yellow shirt, jeans, and converses, his outfit topped off with his famous beanie. i can't help but smile to myself at the sight of the adorable grin on his face.