chapter 21

I WANNA THANK ALL U HOES FOR 3,000 READS I LOVE YOU IM SENDING OUT TACO BELL COUPONS TO YALL
(just letting u know tho that i might not update tonight cause i have summer reading to catch up on) 🤧

• • •

MELANIE'S POV

my eyes open, but i squint immediately. the morning light is damn bright. fuck. my head is throbbing.

i find myself in a car, behind the wheel. my heart starts to race when i begin to jump to conclusions. what the fuck happened last night?

then, just to make things even worse, my body is leaning against someone else's. hell, i'm fucking curled up into their arms. within an instant i flinch. it's matt.

okay, seriously. what the fu–

"oh, hey," he says groggily, batting his eyelids till they're fully opened. "you're awake," matt yawns.

"um, yeah." my tone is almost kind of catty. "what–" remembering that i'm still sitting in his lap, i almost leap into the passenger seat. "what the fuck happened?" i say with a hand out in defence.

"oh, relax," he shakes his head, rubbing his tired face. "nothing happened." still completely confused and overwhelmed, i just sit there staring at him. "well," he moves his hands away from his face, fingertips now massaging his jaw, "you did kiss me..."

um, i'm sorry ... "what?!"

"mel, it was just a kiss, calm down." i sigh. "but, we were kind of tipsy ... i mean, i wasn't really ... you were."

it starts to come back to me. we're outside of an in-n-out, where matt took me last night to help me study. and where we celebrated with vodka he had brought with him in a flask.

i groan as i rub my forehand with my palm. "tipsy? are you sure?" i almost laugh at the pain.

"well, you didn't seem like you held your alcohol, and we didn't exactly drink that much."

well, damn. only god knows what else we did. "huh, so i was drunk," i scold myself. "are you sure nothing else happened?" i raise my brows at him.

"what?" he says lazily as he stretches his arms.

"i mean, i was drunk and you weren't, correct?"

"fuck, melanie," matt scoffs. "i would never fucking do that."

his tone seems kind of ... angry. shit, did i piss him off? was i just sub consciously testing him? cause i know deep down that he's definitely not the kind to take advantage. thankfully.

"oh," i mutter. i'm a fucking idiot. "i-i ... i think i'm just gonna head home." my hand pulls back the handle to my right and the door pops open.

"no, wait. mel," he exhales, rubbing his eyes. "i'll take you home."

my eyes avoid his. but i do as he says, moving my feet back into the car, shutting the door.

shit ... i kissed him?

...

when i get home, i'm on a call with ian, and matt and i didn't show up at school today.

the car ride was fucking quiet. when i got out, all he said was, "see you later". that probably meant never. because i'm a fucking bitch and spoke to him rudely.

"how'd it go, mel?! tell me every fucking detail," ian says.

"well..." i begin.

"bitch!" he shouts, and then follows with what sounds like "sksjsksjsks", or whatever the fuck. "come on! don't you give me that shit!"

"okay, okay!" damn, this bitch will stop at nothing to get words out of me. "so, basically, he helped me with my biology assignment."

"are you serious? fucking– no one cares, mel!" he always has me laughing. "i want to know all the juicy stuff that happened!"

"right, gotchu," i joke, collapsing onto my bed with my phone still pressed to my ear. "so, it was pretty flirty, basically every conversation we had. which, i guess i lowkey liked," i say with emphasis on lowkey.

"bitch, stop fucking lying, you loved that shit."

"and then," i laugh, "after i had actually learned some shit, he rewarded us with vodka that he had snuck into a flask in his bag." the line is silent for a moment. concerned, i sit up in my bed with a throw pillow tucked under my arm. "ian?–"

"bitch, holy fuck!" he's laughing really fucking hard. "he brought fucking vodka? bitch, you better keep this motherfucker for as long as you can."

"oh, fuck," i chuckle, shaking my head. "ian, shut up. anyways, so, i kind of got drunk off of, like ... well, i don't even know how much, i was drunk. and for some reason we went to his car, and he told me i had kissed him."

the reaction i had been expecting from him is finally exposed. "BITCH, OH MY FUCK."

i just laugh. "fucking hell! you're gonna burst my ear drum!"

"oopsie," he giggles, his voice now lowered almost completely in volume.

"and the next thing i know, i wake up in his car, on his lap, in his arms."

"mel, holy shit! i can't believe this, i am so proud, girl!" i hear his phone tap another surface on the other line, but i quickly realize that he's just put it down to clap his hands.

"oh, my god," i roll my eyes, smiling.

"okay, bitch, i gotta go! you better show your ass at school tomorrow!" with that, we end the call. and as soon as i exit the 'phone' app, i get an imessage notification.

it's from matt.

...

imessage;

matt😍🐀;
hey mel??
u there?

me;
yea

matt😍🐀;
ok

me;
something wrong?¿

matt😍🐀;
no
well kinda
my attitude this morning was kinda shitty
im sorry i was in a cranky mood
and im sorry if i put u in one 2

me;
it's ok matt
i was just a lil confused waking up in ur car that's all :/

matt😍🐀;
yea srry bout that as well
:(
you just kind of fell asleep on me

me;
shit
well that's my bad then

matt😍🐀;
lol no it's fine
it was lowkey kinda cute

me;
lmao rlly

matt😍🐀;
lOwkEy tho

• • •

if y'all remember that one video of josh and tyler saying "it's pRetty coOl", ily and hmu