chapter 17

MELANIE'S POV

waking up with clothes everywhere, i can't help but feel a little disgusted in myself. did i, like, get drunk off my face or something and have a try-on fashion show? fucking hell.

of course, before getting out of bed i am straight on my phone. duh.

with multiple notifications from instagram, i check my recent post, only to see that i've gotten a few more likes, and a couple more comments. i scroll through them, smiling to myself at ian's, but then my face drops when i reach the last one.

himattchampion; fuck how are you real

i feel my cheeks heat up. damn. do i like the comment, or, do i comment back? ian's a social media king, and it would be suitable to call him for the answer, but instead, i leave it for a while.

i return to my instagram feed, just scrolling through until i remember something. i almost gasp aloud. matt must have accepted my follow request by now.

quickly, i go to his account, only to find that i now have access to all of his posts. shit damn. sub consciously, i go through all of them. fuck, he's hot.

wait, what the fuck is wrong with me?

i said i have become a changed woman, not your normal, obsessive teenage girl. oh, shit.

waving away my thoughts, i return to my phone, tapping on his recent. i'm lucky this was posted yesterday too, so i have the right to like it. i double tap. examining the picture, he's wearing his signature dark blue beanie, and a yellow shirt tucked into his jeans. he looks pretty fucking cute.

today, i'm feeling confident. after all, like i have been mentioning, i am a changed woman. so, i allow myself to comment.

...

instagram;

liked by ameervann and 231 others

himattchampion; 🌷🧘🏼‍♂️🌷🧘🏼‍♂️🌷

* tap to see all comments *

user1; fire 🔥

user2; 😍

ameervann; i like that shirt

kingmel; mighty fine

...

throughout the day, i find myself just cleaning up my room, and trying to actually get some study done. i don't bother with english, because there's no way i going to start reading a fucking novel on a saturday, but i start with biology. we've been assigned this work packet as revision for our upcoming test. in procrastination, i look at each of the question, then taking my time writing my name on the front page.

the first question:

define evolution: ________

oh, fuck this shit. i realize that the first question is always the most basic, but i don't know shit. and i don't plan to. helplessly, i whip out my phone and start going through all my social media, until i notice i've received a text in imessage. and of course, it's lainey.

...

imessage;

lainey;
damn, hot boyfriend mel ;)

me;
what?
what are u talking about?

lainey;
you know silly
matt or whatever his name is
i mean that's what it says on his instagram

...

as it usually does with her, my heart sinks. and i feel sick. now she's gone and found matt to drag into this.

the bitch has been stalking me.

• • •

i was eating pringles, but not even they could motivate me to write this chapter ugh sorry it's shitty ... but we nearly at 2k tho ...