chapter 25

MATT'S POV

shit, was that too much information? well, i am a 'changed man' after all, right?

her eyes are wide but her mouth is sealed shut. mel is too scared to say anything, i can tell because of her bright red face.

whoops...

"aha," i laugh nervously, rubbing the back of my neck. "or ... unless if you ... didn't like it."

"no," she giggles, "it's fine, i guess i was just ... overthinking it."

"okay..." i smile.

she returns the favour. "okay."

all of a sudden, the front door swings open. "i brought a pizza!"

"aye!" ian and ameer shout simultaneously when they emerge into the living room.

"romil, man, you brought all your mixing shit?" ian says.

"yep," the guy pats his orange backpack proudly.

"great, ameer's actually got some stuff he wants to show you as well," ian points to ameer, who holds a bowl of chips, and continues to shove one into his mouth, one after the other.

"cool, where can i settle my stuff?"

"in my room upstairs, if you wanna get set up–"

"oh," ameer says loudly, "also matt has some hot tracks he want to show you too!"

ameer looks over to me with a face full of excitement and one thumb held up. i feel embarrassed. i don't know this romil guy.

then mel's eyes widen. "wait, i don't remember you mentioning anything about music? y-you make music."

i shrug, "i didn't really think you'd be interested." i mean, i didn't. she's into acting, and i write lyrics. we're completely different in that sense. i figured that keeping the music-making thing to myself wouldn't create such a difference. but i guess that sounds dumb.

"well, i am now," she laughs. well, i'll be damned.

"well, okay, lets head upstairs," romil nods, going to place the box of pizza on the coffee table in front of us.

mel just nods as i get up off the couch. i notice that her phone buzzes and she quickly pulls it out.

"wanna come with?" i plead, but try to sound polite. its going to be awkward just standing there with all of them, especially when i don't know them well.

"um, it's okay, i'll wait down here, yeah?"

i start to jog up the stairs, but when i look back, i can't help but notice melanie frown down at her screen.

...

MELANIE'S POV

instagram;

liked by 130 others

liked by 130 others

laineyadams; staying with the extended fam 🌷 texas is a gem kingmel

*see comments*

...

lainey always be leaving me staring at my phone in shock. fucking bitch. i know the mind games started as soon as she started tagging me in her fucking posts.

so she's finally arrived in texas, huh? note that i have no clue where, but i guess that's a good thing. she wouldn't know where i am either. i never told her.

i have to show ian, but now obviously isn't the best time. he's upstairs showing off his amazing work and i don't want to interrupt that.

though i am still unsure of how to react to this. as long as she keeps tagging me in her posts, i do the same, and it's like a fucking game we play. except, i want out and i don't know how to escape.

she's got a trap coming and i can feel it. i mean, why else would she have started this?

whatever it is, this bitch better know that i won't hesitate to fight back.

• • •

could we get some more votes up in here aye? much love y'all 😚 and thank you for getting the meme book to 3K READS AHH