chapter 16

LMAO YALL HAVE BLESSED THIS BOOK WITH NEARLY 500 COMMENTS I LOVE YOU SO FUCKING MUCH

• • •

MATT'S POV

fuck, i've really gone soft. it's embarrassing ... and embarrassing to admit. but, mel wouldn't have noticed the sudden change. we've only just met.

i don't know if she was told about my rough past. i mean, it's fucking high school, where word spreads quickly. though, if she hasn't, i want to keep it that way.

she continues to stare back into my eyes. in that moment i take in every feature of her face. i can't help myself. but then she breaks the gaze by looking down.

"um, you know what ..." she mumbles. "i gotta be getting home. maybe catch up in biology like you said earlier," mel laughs nervously, standing up. i stand with her.

did the intimate moment come too soon?

probably.

"yeah..." i force our a chuckle, rubbing the back of my neck. "uh, i guess i'll see you later."

"but, uh, thanks for that little boost of confidence, champion," she says, going from awkward to flirty. this girl is wild.

"anytime, king," i grin, dropping my skateboard to my feet. i step up onto it.

"see ya," she gives a smile and a small wave as she walks away, approaching the street.

sighing to myself, i notice that, even though it feels like it's been hours, there's still broad daylight. with one foot on my board, i ride home.

...

MELANIE'S POV

getting home, i can't help but feel fucking crazy inside. i've never, ever spoken, to anyone i know very little about, like that in my life. i swear to god i'm a changed woman. honestly.

but, fuck, wasn't he gorgeous?

i sound like a fucking idiot saying this. and i am one for actually allowing myself to say this. again, i am somehow a changed woman.

still smiling to myself, i walk up the wooden steps to the porch. this until i stub my foot on a cardboard box.

stub? cardboard box? come on, have i become physically weak too, now?

but, that shit hurt kind of. it must be heavy.

i look down at the package, examining the label. it's addressed to me.

huh? did i order something?

bending down, i attempt to pick up the box, but fail. this shit really is packed.

curious, i unlock the door and drag the box inside, taking a knife from the kitchen. i use the blade to split open where duct tape had sealed the box closed. i dig my way through the little styrofoam beads to pull out endless amounts of clothing and few accessories.

holy shit. this was supposed to come ages ago. i remember one night i was pretty fucking drunk and sad, so i went online to order a bunch of stuff. the drunk part of me drained my bank account, while the sad part of me though it would make me feel better.

i'll tell you what. lainey got me mad, but matt made me feel better. however, receiving this now just makes me feel at ease.

i find multiple pairs of jeans, few cami tops and a huge sweatshirt. damn, i treated myself good.
at the bottom of the box lies this blue ass wig and a bunch of jewelry and shit. immediately removing my attention from everything else, i unpack this blue wig and get a feel of it.

damn. it's actually really nice. the strands are silky and the colour is gorgeous. but i probably spent a fuck ton on this.

too late now, bitch.

when i say that to myself, i can't help but be reminded of what lainey did, and how once she did it, it was too late. fuck, that got me thinking...

taking one of the graphic cami tops and the wig, i grin at the idea that has just popped into my head, making my way to the bathroom to get changed.

...

instagram;

liked by iansimpson, smilemerlyn and 241 others

kingmel; i be fucking around wit wigs, but i also be fucking around wit your life laineyadams

*tap to see all comments*

iansimpson; bitCH WHAT THE FUCK IM SCREAMING

iansimpson; YOURE SO HOT STOP

user1: 😍😩

user2: so pretty !!

iansimpson; damn that caption.. I CANT WAIT FOR SHIT TO GO DOWN AHH

kingmel; why you always be in my comments i love u iansimpson

kingmel; thanku 💙 user2 user1

himattchampion; fuck how are you real

• • •

idk how i be feeling bout this
but hey, she's a
cHaNgEd WoMaN