chapter 3

MELANIE'S POV

imessage

lainey
bitch i miss you !

me
why are you talking to me

lainey
mels what are u talking about?
you replied to my comment last nighjt

me
yeah
so
i was just being polite

lainey
what the fuck
why do you have to be like that??
its fucking pathetic melanie

taking a break from messaging, i can't help but squint at the words on the screen. who the fuck does she think she is?

me
first of all
why are YOU being like that
i didn't fuck my best friend's boyfriend, remember?
oh that's right
you're excused because you were drunk

lainey
wow
you're a fucking bitch
i thought we were best friends again
guess you better get back to being depressed

what the fuck? i don't believe this. it's 7:46 am and this bitch thinks she can just claim us as friends. she knows what she did, and i made it very fucking clear that i would never forgive her.

me
SHUT THE FUCK UP.
YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAINEY

lainey
if u still so mad then why'd u reply

me
its called being polite u bitch
and you did it on purpose
so why the fuck so you think you can just start playing 'bestie'
we're done talking
and don't you dare call me fucking melanie again.

fuming, i ditch my phone into bag and head out the door for school. after that bullshit, i seriously just want to stay home.

once arriving at school the first bell had rung. i've always been late to school, but i like it that way. it means i spend less time there.

first period i had biology, where the class had to watch this mind numbing video on evolution and to take notes on it. having zero care for my schooling, of course, i decided to take a nap instead. the only class i'm looking forward to is english with ian.

the next bell rang and i lazily push past everyone and make my way to english. ian greets me with the biggest smirk as i stop at the doorway. furrowing my brows, i slowly draw myself to my seat.

"what's that face?" i mumble.

"you didn't see?"

"see what?"

"on your insta post last night?" ian quickly whips out his phone whilst porter had his back to us. still confused, i lean in to get a better look at the screen. he finds my account and taps on my most recent post. "there. right there," he whispers once scrolling to the bottom of the page.

it's a comment. a comment other comments, from an unknown user. "who is it?" i ask.

"it's from the guy we were looking at yesterday ... matt champion?"

my eyes widen. the comment reads:

himattchampion; holy fuck