Chapter 41- The End (Or Is It?)

A couple of months passed after that before Sodapop proposed. He had done this really romantic thing with the gang where they all had things that represented important milestones in our relationship, like prom tickets and Sodapop's flannel. They all told the story that went with it as best they could. It was really funny when they messed up though. Then, Sodapop had made this really romantic speech about how all these memories were great, but they were nothing compared to the new ones we would make together. Of course, I said yes. I would have been stupid not to. We got married on March 23, almost a year later. I got pregnant with a girl soon after, and we named her Dahlia Michelle Curtis, after Dallas and Ponyboy. She had Sodapops golden locks and my blue eyes. Then, when Dahlia was three, we had twins named Shayne Marie Curtis and Jonathan Jacob Curtis. Shayne looked just like me, except for her eyes, which were exactly like Dallas': Big and brown that had a dangerous glimmer, almost as if she was planning to do something terrible. Jonathan looked just like Sodapop, they looked like clones.

I never really moved on from Dal's death, and every month I took the kids with me to the cemetery where he was buried and told them stories about him. A couple of times, I saw him smiling from behind a tree, or lighting a cigarette. One time, while I was telling them the story about how he rescued me from the Socs, he sat down next to the kids and stared at them, before he said "Jeez, kid. Looks like you got yourself a tuff family." I laughed as he smiled, but he quickly disappeared as if nothing had happened while Sodapop just stared at me.