What if I told you I've been in love with you since we were kids?

"Alright, I think that's enough for tonight. Good job, you're getting good." Seth said as he bent down to slid his kneepads off his knees before he looked up at me where I was leaning against the ropes.

We were in our hometown, Davenport, IA, and it was late on a Thursday night, and we were at the Black and Brave Academy. Our moms had gone to college together and stayed in touch and because of that Seth, and I had practically grown up together.

When I decided that wrestling was something I wanted to pursue I knew Seth was the only person I could go to. From the minute I told him I wanted to wrestle he had taken me under his wing and given me private lessons at his gym every Wednesday and Thursday night to help me learn the craft.

I stepped through the ropes and took a seat on the ring apron as Seth handed me a bottle of water.

"Drink up, don't want you getting dehydrated on me." He said as he took a seat on the edge of the ring next to me.

The two of us sat there in comfortable silence for a few minutes as we rehydrated ourselves and let our breathing slow to its normal pace.

I glanced over at him, and for the first time in a while, I really looked at the man sitting next to me. I could see the slightly visible dark bags under his eyes and I could see the sadness written in his eyes. It had been a couple of months since the split from his ex and I knew it was weighing on his mind and his heart.

He had really thought this one was different. Every time he brought her around he had the biggest smile on his face, and we all thought she would be the one that finally got him to settle down. But life has a funny way of changing the plans just when you start to get comfortable, and for reasons outside either of their control they decided to mutually split. Or at least that's what Seth told us. But I always had a feeling there was more to the story. Maybe the distance was getting to be hard for her to cope with? Maybe she just wasn't happy anymore? Whatever the reason was, she packed up her stuff and moved back home closer to her family.

"You okay?" I asked. I wasn't asking as his student or just to make small talk. I was asking because I was genuinely worried about it. I could see it in his body that he had been carrying the stress and weight of the break up around with him. I just wanted the smiley, happy Seth that I loved back.

"Yeah, I'm fine, why?" He asked.

I paused for a moment, trying to decide whether I wanted to have this conversation right now with him or not. But I decided now was as good of a time as any.

I took a deep breath and looked down at my fingers as I tried to think of what exactly to say.

"You know I love you right? You've always looked out for me and been there when I needed someone?" I asked.

"Yeah," he nodded. "Somebody's gotta have your back when you don't know when to shut up," he added causing a small smile to form on my lips.

"I know you, Seth. And I'm worried about you. I know you say you're fine, but I see how different you are now. I just want you to know that if you ever want to talk about what happened or if you ever need to talk about...her...I'm here." I said.

He shook his head as his eyes stared holes into the floor.

"I'm okay. There's nothin' to talk about." He said with a sigh before he finally looked over at me.

His warm eyes met mine and I could see the way they sparkled in the low light of the room. I felt a warm feeling inside of me as his lips slowly curved into a small smile as he continued to look at me.

"You ever feel like an idiot?" He asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Like when you realize that maybe what you had been looking for all along was right there in front of you and you never saw it?" He whispered before he started to lean in a little bit closer.

"S-Seth?" I stuttered out.

"I know this isn't probably the time or the place but what if I told you I've been in love with you since we were kids?" He whispered as I felt his warm breath on my lips as they hovered just a few inches from mine.

A breath hitched in my throat as his words sunk in. Seth loved me. Seth loved me. What? Had he really said that? My mind started racing as I tried to wrap my head around what he had just said and I felt my heart beat begin to accelerate in my chest.

"You've gotta say something, beautiful," Seth whispered as his lips moved from my lips to look up into my eyes again.

"Kiss me. Right. Now." I breathed out in a whisper, terrified my voice would crack if I said it any louder.

His lips curved into a wide smirk as he brought a hand up to gently cup one side of my face. He then leaned in and I closed my eyes just as I felt his warm lips touch mine.