You said you weren't going to leave.

You stood backstage in catering saying your final goodbyes to the people that had become your family for the past four years. But you were up against a glass ceiling and you knew there was more out there. You worked backstage on Raw with the producers. You weren't technically a producer. You worked under the producers and ran costumes back and forth, made sure mics were working, etc.

Ring of Honor had given you a call about a month ago. Their assistant producer had retired and they had heard your name brought up. They looked into your name a little bit more and decided they wanted to offer you a job. It was a job with more time at home and more pay AND you would actually have an important role in making sure the show ran according to plan. It was an offer you couldn't refuse.

You had told Seth about a week ago that you were accepting the job. He told you he was happy for you and then walked out of the room. The two of you hadn't spoken since.

"Hey, you okay?" Sasha asked as he pulled you in for a hug.

You tried to shake off the thoughts of Seth. If saying goodbye to you meant something, than he would be here.

"Yeah, I'm fine." You sighed.

"He'll come around." Emma said as she leaned her head on your shoulder.

"I don't know guys. I mean, if it really meant something to him I feel like he would be here. He couldn't even be bothered to say goodbye."

"Don't be so sure of that." Emma said motioning behind you.

You turned to see what she was pointing to. Seth was standing just a few feet away from you. Your eyes locked with his for a moment before he looked away and stuffed his hands into his pockets.

"I'll be right back guys." You said as you made your way over to him.

"Hey." You said as you approached him.

"Hey." He said back. "Why's everyone hugging you?"

"I'm leaving." You said. "Tonight's my last night."

"What? What do you mean you're leaving?" He asked as he looked up at you. The hurt was evident in his eyes.

"Seth you knew I was leaving-"

"Not this soon. You told me a week ago!" He said.

"I know. I should've told you sooner. I just...I didn't know how." You said.

Seth reached up and ran a hand over his face. You could tell he was fighting and internal battle inside of himself.

"Seth, I'm sorry-"

"Are you?" He asked. His question caught you off guard. Seth didn't get upset with you very often. So hearing him get upset with you was a little bit of a shock.

"You said you weren't going to leave, no matter how hard things got." He said as he looked into your eyes. You could see the tears he was fighting back in the corners of his eyes. "We agreed that we would stay in this together."

"Seth I can't. You are at the top of the company. This is everything you've ever wanted. But this...this isn't what I want. I'm not much more than a coffee runner. I don't have a part in the show and I know it will be years before I get where I want to be. I have to go to Ring Of Honor. They offered me everything I want."

"But what about me? What about your friends? Who do you know there? Anyone?" He asked.

"Seth, of course I'm going to miss everyone. You more than anyone. But I have to do this." You said.

"Fine. Just go." He said. Without another word he turned and walked out of catering. No hug. No goodbye. Leaving you in tears with nothing but heartbreak.