Don't Have to Rush

SUMMARY: Seth and reader have a friends with benefits arrangement going on but one morning after they realize each other is all they've ever wanted. FLUFF. SLIGHT ANGST. SMUT.

*          *          *           *

Your eyes fluttered open as you saw the rays of sunlight trying to peek through the crack in the blackout curtains Seth had in his room. You sat up and looked over at Seth. He was laying on his stomach, and his lips were slightly parted as soft little snores escaped. He looked so peaceful. There was no stress or worry on his features. Just complete peace and comfort. Moments like this had quickly become one of your favorite things. You could sit and look at the beautiful man that is Seth Rollins without him catching you staring.

But you let out a near silent sigh as you reminded yourself that you and Seth would never be more than what you were right now. It wasn't that you and Seth were strictly fuck buddies. He would talk to you backstage at the arenas, and occasionally the two of you would ride together from city to city. You worked out together in the gym and would sometimes spend your days off together. You had even gone on one or two weekend trips to Lake Tahoe together. But that was all it was. Two friends who also happened to have sex. No strings attached.

For him anyway. You had fallen for Seth hard. It was hard for you to see him almost every day and not be able to kiss him or tell him how you felt. But you knew it would ruin everything. The great sex would stop and so would the friendship. You couldn't lose Seth. He was your best friend. So you kept your feelings locked up and put on a smile whenever he was around because having him as your friend who you also have sex with was better than not having him at all.

Last night had been another one of many nights you went home with Seth. You couldn't bring yourself to tell him no, although you always felt the same the morning after: like a girl with her tail tucked between her legs as she gathered her clothes from the floor and snuck out before he could wake up.

Part of you wanted to lay back down and curl up next to Seth's warm body. You wanted to lay your head on his chest, close your eyes, and pretend that everything was okay. You wanted to be able to close your eyes and imagine, if only for a second, that you were his and he was yours. But you knew you couldn't stay. That wasn't how it worked. You went home with him. You had sex. You fell asleep. And you were gone in the morning by the time he woke up. That's how it worked. That was your routine.

You ran a hand through your hair and swung your legs carefully over the edge of the bed, so you didn't wake Seth up. You stretched before you stood up. You reached down and picked up the red lace panties from last night off the floor and slid them on. You then looked around for your shirt in the darkened room before your eyes landed on Seth's dog, Kevin, laying on the torn fabric that used to be your shirt, until Seth decided he was too impatient to pull it off and instead just ripped it off.

You saw the black tee he had been wearing last night and decided to pull it on. You didn't really want to wear his clothes home, but you couldn't exactly walk outside without a shirt on, despite how much Seth's male neighbors might enjoy the view.

You took a deep breath in, enjoying the smell of Seth's cologne that lingered on the shirt. You went to grab your jeans, but Kevin stood up and ran over to you. Softly barking at you as he begged for some attention.

"Shh, you're gonna wake your daddy up, Kev." You whispered as you knelt down to him.

Kevin just looked up at you and wagged his little tail as you scratched the top of his head.

You had just stepped into your jeans when you glanced at the bed and saw Seth leaning back against the headboard and smiling at you.

"What are you smiling at?" You asked.