I Didn't Mean It

SUMMARY: You and Seth get into an argument about him nothelping around the house when he's home because all he does is play videogames. You threaten to smash his XBOX and he says something he regrets out offrustration. ANGST.

*           *            *           *

 You walked into the house after a long day at work and sighed when you glanced at the living room. Seth was sitting on the couch with a controller in his hands. His eyes were glued to the screen, and empty cans were scattered around on the coffee table in front of him.

"Hey." He said with a little nod of his head, keeping his eyes glued to the screen.

You set your purse down on the counter in the kitchen before walking back into the living room. You picked up the cans from the coffee table and took them into the kitchen. You noticed a pile of dishes had accumulated in the sink from Seth throughout the day. You sighed and made your way back into the living room and took a seat on the couch next to him.

"Did you do anything around the house today?" You asked.

"Just a second. I'm almost done with this game, babe."

"Seth."

"Just a sec." He said.

"Seth." You repeated, this time a little more sternly.

He glanced up at you. "What?"

"We need to talk."

"Give me a minute. I promise I'm almost done."

"Seth, we need to talk now." You said.

"Let me just finish this game. It's the last quarter babe." He said as he kept his eyes locked on the screen.

"Seth," you said as you stood up and walked over to the XBOX that was sitting in front of the entertainment center.

"Babe, what are you doing?" Seth asked as his eyes when he realized what you were doing. "Don't turn it off babe! I'm almost done!"

You reached down and hit the power button on the game system.

"Seriously? What was that for?" Seth asked.

"Seth I asked you to do a few things around the house while I was at work and you couldn't do them?" You asked.

"I'm sorry. Look, I'll do them now, okay?"

"Seth, did you do anything besides play video games all day?" You asked as you looked at the messy living room and the empty cans on the table in front of him.

"I went to the gym this morning. Look I'll clean this up. I'll do whatever you wanted me to do, okay?" He said.

"Seth, how old are you? You spent all day playing video games. How old are you?" You asked.

"This is my first day off in a while. No WWE. No Black and Brave. Sorry for wanting to relax and enjoy it." He said.

You then mumbled, "I wish I could smash the stupid thing sometimes."

"What was that?" Seth asked as he looked at you.

"I said I wish I could smash that stupid thing sometimes." You said as you pointed to the XBOX.

"You smash it, and we're done," Seth said.

"God forbid you don't play it every day but when was the last time we did anything together? You love that thing more than you love me!"

"When you're acting like this, yeah, I do!" He said.

You froze as you looked over at him. You couldn't believe Seth would say that to you. He valued a game system more than he valued you.

"B-babe, I didn't-" Seth began to say as he realized what he had just said. But it was too late. You weren't going to let him get away with that.

You turned and ran upstairs to the master bedroom, making sure to lock the door behind you so that Seth couldn't follow you.

You heard his footsteps come up the stairs and then the doorknob wiggle.

"Babe, C'mon. Let me in." Seth said through the door.

You leaned back against the door, not wanting to talk to Seth right now. You reached up and wiped a few tears from your cheeks. You felt like you and Seth had been growing apart little by little for months. And this might just be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

"Babe, I didn't mean it." He said.

"Sure sounded like you meant it." You said.

"Y/n, open the door. Let me in." He pleaded with you.

"Just go play your stupid game." You said.

"We need to talk about this." He said.

"Leave me alone." You said.

"I'm not leaving til you open this door." He said.

"I'm not opening it. Go play your dumb game." You said.

"Y/n please let me in." He said.

You sighed before opening the door. You looked at Seth, and his face dropped when he noticed your rosy cheeks and puffy eyes.

"I'm sorry." He said. "I promise I love you more than anything. No game could come close to how much I love you." He said as he reached up and cupped your face.

You wrapped your arms around his torso and leaned your head against his chest. He wrapped one arm tightly around your back and put his other hand on the back of your head, holding you to him.

"I just feel like I'm losing you and I hate it." You admitted as more tears threatened to fall. "All we do is fight when you're home and then you leave and I'm here by myself and we can't talk about it..."

"Shh, don't cry, baby." He whispered as he kissed the top of your head.

"I don't want to lose you." You admitted.

"You're not gonna lose me. I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere."