Chapter 26: Miracle

Fin's POV

Neither of us got much sleep after the incident with Laura's hand so once the sun was up we were waiting impatiently for Juliana and Celeste to show up. I looked through every book I could find looking for that symbol to no avail. Laura had sketched it on a blank piece of paper so we wouldn't forget what it looked like and to show the witches. We had gotten the kids up and ready and just as we had all finished breakfast a knock on the door came.

I opened it to find Juliana standing awkwardly next to a very tall and elegant looking woman. She had such a strong and peaceful aura I instantly knew it had to be Celeste. "Come on in your must be Celeste we cannot thank you enough for coming on such short notice your Majesty." I said as I let the women inside.

"Please just call me Celeste, and you must be Laura's mate Fin. You are a handsome young man that is for sure. And who might these two little angels be?" Her melodic voice spoke as she gestured towards Jaeger and Layla.

"These are our twins Layla and Jaeger. They are just over a year old now and are quite the handful already." Laura's voice spoke as she finished putting the dishes away. "I also have a few additional questions if you would like to get started Anna and Monkey should be here shortly to watch the kids."

Once Anna and Monkey arrived they took the kids into the living room while we went into the office. Laura told them about what happened last night and showed them the mark she had drawn up and they were both speechless.

"Oh no this is worse then we have originally feared. That mark is the sign of the black witch, she uses that mark to indicate her next victim and if the marked gets burned into your skin like you suggested it means no one can use any magic on you light or dark." Celeste said with a worried expression.

"So what does that mean exactly?" I asked holding Laura close afraid of the answer.

"It means for the next 48 hours Laura is immune to any and all magic. But it also means her powers are frozen and she will not be able to use them. She is pretty much a sitting duck and that means they will probably attack in the next 48 hours so we need to hurry up with a plan." Juliana said clearly frustrated.

Laura and I were shocked unable to move or make any reasonable thoughts. She was a sitting duck and that made her an easy target. I had to protect her and I knew what needed to be done.

"I have an idea but your not going to like it Mia Bella." I spoke with confidence and began explaining my plan. Both Celeste and Juliana agreed it was a great idea but Laura was freaking out.

"No! I will not allow you to do that Fin it's too dangerous. I won't allow it I need to be there and help anyway I can! Please don't do this, please." She went from angry to sad in a matter of seconds once she realized we weren't going to change our minds.

"I love you and our children so I will do anything to save you all. We can do this and I trust Celeste and Juliana to keep us safe. We need to call a meeting with the warriors and get everyone on board." I told her as I held her face in my hands, thumbing all the tears that were falling away. She nodded and we all got set to work.

The next 24 hours were intense as we gathered everyone in the town hall and they all agreed to our plan. Celeste and Juliana managed to get everything for the spells and luckily they didn't need any dark magic for this plan. We were all on edge waiting for the attack and today out of all days it was pouring rain. We had already moved all the children and people who couldn't fight into the safe houses and we were all gathered on the shore waiting them.

Hours went by and the weather was getting worse by the minute. Finally the siren sounded and we began seeing the Tonrar start transforming and stalking up the beach. Their leader Damien was the one at the front as was I. We met in the middle and he gave me the same devilish smirk he did right before he stabbed me. Only this time he looked normal not his usual nasty slimy half human appearance.