Chapter 17: Darkness

Fin's POV

As we ran into the cave we ran into several guards. We took them out quickly and quietly as we made our way deeper and deeper. I kept trying to reach Laura through the mind-link but came up with nothing. All of a sudden I felt my wrists and ankles start to burn. I shook it off and kept running but then my hands started to burn and shortly after I felt two sharp pains in my face and I began to worry even more.

"Hurry she's being hurt" I yelled through the pain.

Everyone picked up the pace as we came to a part where the cave split into three. Before we could pick a direction we heard yelling from the tunnel on the left. We found a door at the end of the tunnel where the yelling came from and busted it open.

Inside we found a bunch of cells that were filled with all sorts of beings. One caught my eye as she was a young girl no older than 12. She ran up to the bars as we began unlocking them and she began to beg. "Please you have to find my brother! He's in danger please!"

"Where is your brother and why is he in danger?" Kyler asked as he unlocked the door to her cell.

"H-his name is Steven he was our packs doctor. I-I don't know where he is but Mr. Gold has been forcing him to work for him in return for my safety. Please you have to find him." She begged clinging onto Kyler for dear life.

He looked at me for help as I sighed "Olivia and Calvin get them out of here and wait for us by the entrance. Listen darling we will find your brother but you have to go with Olivia here to safety so we don't have to worry about you alright." I told her.

She nodded tears spilling from her eyes as she took Olivia's hand and followed her, Calvin and the rest of the prisoners out of the cave. We continued searching as I felt another sharp pain in the back of my head. It was so bad it brought me to my knees in pain. "Shit! Everyone spilt up into twos we have to find her now!" I shouted as another pain burned around my neck.

Nico and Noah went one direction while Kyler and I went the other. We kept running as we came to another spilt in the cave. I tried to mind-link Laura again.

Laura can you hear me, I said on the verge of breaking down.

Yes... I'm... alright... please... don't hurt... Steven, she replied weakly before the connection severed again.

I felt a bit of relief but I wouldn't be fully satisfied till I had her in my arms. We stopped and listened as we heard footsteps racing towards us. We both got ready to fight as a guy with shaggy brown hair and hazel eyes came into sight. He was completely naked and he was caring a bloody unconscious woman in a wedding dress.

It took me a minute before I realized it was Laura! I rushed over to him as he got ready to attack me I stopped short and stared between him and Laura.

"W-who are you?" He asked shielding Laura with his body.

"I am King Fin and this is Alpha Kyler. Who are you and why do you have my mate?"

"O-oh my, please we need to hurry and get her some medical attention. S-she is pregnant w-with twins and Mr. G-gold just attacked her. I-I killed him and helped her k-kill the rest of the guards." He said as he moved to hand her over to me.

I didn't really listen to what he was saying as I took her in my arms and looked at her injuries. I gave Kyler one look as he mind-linked everyone and we rushed out of the cave to where Olivia, Calvin and the rest of our team and the prisoners were.

"Lay her down I have the medical kit ready." Olivia commanded as she started to patch up Laura's wounds.

I began pacing as the little girl from earlier screamed and ran up to the naked man who helped Laura. "Steven!"