Chapter 5: Icy Blue

As the ice cold water surrounded me and I braced for the creature to get to me everything seemed to go silent. It was then I realized something grabbed the back of my hoodie and I was being yanked backwards away from the creature and out of the water. I opened my eyes as I landed on top of a solid surface and heard a husky, calming voice shout "I got her, gun it out of here!"

I clung onto who ever pulled me out as the sobs and tears started to overwhelm me. I almost died. Mr. Johnson and Mr. Hook died. I was in such a shock I didn't realize that I was shivering and my lips we starting to turn blue. It wasn't till the same voice that shouted earlier started whispering in my ear while he wrapped his strong arms around me and started rocking back and forth trying to calm me down that I realized the boat had made it out of the cove and was heading back towards the town.

Next thing I know the strong arms comforting me picked me up and carried me into the cabin of the boat and set me in a small shower. "I'm gonna go get you some clean dry clothes. Take a warm shower you need to bring your body temperature up before you get hypothermia."

Before he could walk away I grabbed his arm and pleaded "please don't leave me!"

As he turned to face me I noticed how he had icy blue eyes just like my dream with short messy black hair and a 5 o'clock shadow to match. Mesmerized by his eyes I didn't realize that he had entered the shower with me and turned the hot water on till he took off his shirt. He was built like a Calvin Klein model, taller than me by about a foot, tan with muscles for days. I was snapped out of my day dream by his hands touching my sides and sliding my hoodie off of me.

"I'm sorry" I whispered as I blushed from starring at him

He put one of his rough hands on the side of my face and turned it towards him. "There's nothing to be sorry about you just experienced a terrifying event and watched two people close to you disappear into the cove. But you need to get out of those clothes and warm up before you join them though."

All I could do was nod my head as he helped me out of my soaking wet t-shirt and jeans that clung to my body like an octopus. Thank God I packed cute underwear I thought as I'm standing there in a red laced bra and matching panties. Once that thought crossed my mind I realized that two of my coworkers who had become my friends just died in front of my eyes and I almost died with them. I covered my face with my hands sank to the floor and started crying hysterically. How could I be so selfish right now? How can I think about how pretty my underwear is while two people lie dead at the bottom of that cove. All of a sudden I felt those same comforting, strong arms around my waist as he sat on the floor with me and pulled me into his lap. The warm water drenching us as he stroked my hair and whispered in my ear, "it's ok Mia Bella you are safe now."

After several minutes I finally calmed down enough to where he helped me up and shut the water off.

"I am going to go grab us some towels and change out of these wet clothes I will be right back."

I just nodded my head in response.

He came back in a grey long sleeved v-neck and blue jeans and then wrapped me in the towel he was holding. He then lead be to a table and handed me a pair of sweatpants and an oversized grey hoodie. "They are mine so they are going to be kinda big but they are clean and warm. Once your dressed meet me on the deck we should be docking shortly."

"Thank you sir for the clothes... and saving my life," I replied timidly while looking at the floor.

"It's no problem, really and my name is Fin" he smiled and gently touch my shoulder which sent sparks throughout my body. As he turned to leave I said "Laura. My name is Laura."