Chapter 22: Life or Death

Laura's POV

I screamed the whole way to the safe house, punching and kicking Monkey trying to get out of his grip. He just picked me up like I weighed nothing and carried me pretty much the whole way. Once we were at the safe house they put me in a room and locked the door as Fin had instructed them to do so.

I felt so helpless as Monkey apologized and stood guard on the door. My mind was racing and I knew I had to get out of here and help them but I didn't know how. Time moved so slowly and I was happy I hadn't felt any pain yet but I knew it was only a matter of time. After what felt like hours I felt the first wave of pain radiate down my arm. I began to panic as shortly after I felt a sharp pain on my back and ribs. I screamed for Monkey.

"Monkey please help me!"

Monkey rushed in hearing the sheer terror in my voice and saw me collapsed on the floor cradling my ribs. "Laura what's wrong? What's going on?"

"H-he's really hurt Monkey I-I have to help him. If I don't h-he will die. Please Monkey!" I pleaded clinging onto him for dear life.

I could feel Monkey battling with himself. He then stood up and helped me up. "Ok but I'm coming with you."

I was about to protest as I felt a horrible burning pain in my shoulder. I let out a scream as the pain was so intense. Monkey caught me as I looked at him with pleading eyes. He just nodded as he picked me up and began running towards the harbor. We were only a mile away but it felt like forever. As soon as we reached the front of the town he set me down as we stared at the chaos in front of us. I frantically search for Fin and I noticed four people standing off to the side of everyone. Two were holding a man on his knees while the other one pulled out a dagger. My eyes went wide as I heard the man scream "No! You will never have her!"

As soon as I heard his voice I knew it was Fin and I took off running towards him just as the Tonrar in front of him plunged a dagger into his chest. The pain stopped me in my tracks as I watched Fin fall back to the ground.

"No!" I screamed before I ran to the group of men with Monkey trailing behind me. Just as I reached the closest guy I ripped his throat out in one powerful swipe. Monkey shifted and tackled the guy to the left of Fin before two more showed up. I heard the mermaid who stabbed Fin laugh before he spoke to the two new mermaids. "Kill the wolf leave her for me." Then he turned his attention towards me, " don't worry sweetheart I will not harm you if you come willingly. Besides I need you in one piece the fact that you are already pregnant makes my plan even better."

I hissed at him feeling my eyes go from blue to silver as I lunged at him. I was much slower since I was so pregnant and just missed him. The other two began attacking Monkey but he dodged their attacks effortlessly.

The mermaid, who I now assumed was their King, began circling me. I knew time wasn't on my side so I made the first move much to his surprise and clawed his arm rather good. He growled in pain before he quickly tackled me. I threw him off me and ran at him again. This time he grabbed his dagger and dodged my attack but not before slicing my side open. It was at this point I heard Monkey yelp and he was throw against a nearby rock by the last remaining mermaid. I knew it was now or never as the King stalked up to me with a terrifying glint in his eyes.

I closed my eyes and focused as best I could. I felt my power surging like it never had before even in my dreams. I quickly released the burst as I screamed due to the sheer force of it. The mermaid King's eyes went wide as he figured out what I was doing and dove into the water shifting and barely making it out of the blasts range. I killed every single black mermaid in a 10 mile radius as I collapsed to the ground.

I struggled to crawl over to where Fin was and his breathing was even more shallow then it was in my dreams. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Monkey trying to get up and I yelled to him "Get Steven and Dr. Harper here now!" I made sure he nodded and began mind-linking them before I used the last of my energy. I placed my hands on his chest just like in my dream tears streaming down my face. I closed my eyes focusing on healing him as I began feeling the tingling sensation course through me into him.