Chapter 7: The Truth

Anger. Shock. Confusion. Hurt.

All these feelings came rushing in and everything started spinning. "W-what did you just say?" I asked with a shaky voice

Fin started pacing and running his fingers through his hair in a very anxious way. "My mother was a mermaid. It's one of the few things I remember about her and one of the things my aunt her sister has told me about."

"Hold up! You mean to tell me your mother was just like one of those black creepy mermaids y'all have been describing? Wait does that make you a mermaid too?" Shouted a very confused Monkey.

"Well no not all mermaids look like that. We aren't exactly sure why the ones in the cove look and act the way they do. But my mother and aunt were more human like and they were a dark blue instead of black. We believe the ones in the cove have been trapped there for years before that storm opened up the cove and they pretty much became feral."

"Wow, that's insane. This, this is insane. There has to be hidden cameras somewhere. This must be a prank Mr. Gold is playing since I wouldn't go out with him. Wait... you never answered Monkey's last question. A-are you a mermaid too?" I just stared at him wide eyed waiting for his answer.

"Well... yes I am a mermaid."

I swear my mouth and Monkey's hit the floor once that sentence left Fin's mouth. I didn't even know what to say or what to do I wanted to run but at the same time I couldn't move. It was like my head was screaming to run yet my heart for some unknown reason kept my feet planted like I was stuck in cement. Finally Fin broke the silence and dragged me from my confused state.

"I can show you guys if you don't believe me."

All we could do was nod as we followed Fin out to the docks. Once we got there Fin began stripping his clothes as we stood there not knowing what was going to happen. "You may want to look away I have to take my boxers off otherwise they are gonna be ripped and wet."

Monkey and I turned around and then we heard Fin dive gracefully into the ocean. We turned around and waited for him to resurface. He popped back up next to the dock and I was mesmerized. He had a dark blueish green tail and matching scales that came all the way up to his waist. He also had a matching fin on his back as well as webbed hands. The most mesmerizing thing was his eyes, they were not only icy blue but the had bright green flakes in them now and an almost feline pupil. His canines were also elongated almost like a vampire but not as long.

"Holy shit! You really are a freaking mermaid!" Monkey shouted snapping me out of trans that I was in. 

Fin chuckled a little bit. "Yea my aunt taught me how to shift when I was about twelve, I never would've known other wise. I practiced it for years before I could just do it as soon as I hit the water."

"I'm sorry but that is badass. I bet you get all the girls in town drooling over your mermaid bod," Monkey laughed.

"Well actually there's about 500 other mermaids in town and unlike popular belief mermaids actually have mates just like werewolves and vampires. But I just only found her and I don't think she knows it yet." He slowly glanced up at me and I think my heart stopped beating. Was he talking about me? Would that explain why I kissed him out of nowhere today and why ever since I met him he made me feel safe and comfortable.

No I couldn't do this, this was too much so I turned and ran down the dock and into the woods behind the cabin. Tears streaming down my face I collapsed on the cool moss covered ground and began sobbing. My friends we dead, Fin was one of the things that killed them and I was his mate. How was all this possible and he mentioned werewolves and vampires. Are those real too? I was pulled from my own thoughts as I heard a twig snapped and I looked up through teary eyes to see a pair of yellow eyes glowing back at me. I then heard someone come up behind me but I didn't dare take my eyes off the yellow ones in front of me. Those terrifying eyes belonged to a giant grey wolf who was staring at me with curiosity and hunger.