Chapter 24: All or Nothing

One year later

Fin's POV

The past year has been a rollercoaster to say the least. Laura gained her memory back completely a few months after leaving the hospital. The twins have grown so much and are now walking and talking. Jaeger is quiet a handful already whereas Layla is Daddy's little princess. Monkey and Anna had a beautiful baby boy who is always getting into trouble with Jaeger. Well as much trouble a 9 month old can get in.

We have had a very minor battles with tribes trying to harm Laura and our children. That only lasted a few months once everyone learned how powerful Laura really was. We also discovered that she can tap into anyone's thoughts as long as she can see them. It happened by accident one day when she was trying to figure out what two visiting Kings who we suspected were plotting an attack were talking about. She actually managed to read their thoughts and figure out their plans before anything could conspire.

The Lunar Eclipse Ball was held in Italy this year and we had a good time. That was until some vampires decided to try and attack Laura and I and we killed them rather quickly in front of everyone. That was the last time anyone has tried to attack us and hopefully will be the last.

The Tonrar have disappeared which has made us feel uneasy and no one has spotted them anywhere. We hope they are gone for good but we know that is too good to be true. We have however discovered that they are a rare species of mermaids that was created by the dark witch. They are resistant against silver and are much stronger then us but they do have one weakness. Laura. She has been training with Juliana to use a secret power she possess that can kill them instantly. She some how managed to use it the last time they attacked but she has not been able to use it to such an extreme again. Laura has been able to extend it out but only about 1/10 the force.

Steven and Bella are expecting their first pup any day and even Garret and Cora had their first baby girl about two months ago. Although we won't know for another 12 years what she will be until she shifts they are happy either way.

We just recently had the twins first birthday and Laura and I couldn't be happier. We still don't know if we will ever be able to have any more children but if we can't we are more then happy with the two we already have. We have a long road ahead of us but as long as we have each other nothing will stop us.

"DADDYYYY!!!" Layla screamed.

I ran into her bedroom half awake ready to fight someone as she stood crying in her crib. I picked her up and began rocking her to calm her down. "What's wrong princess?"

"B-bad... d-dweam." She said rubbing her eyes.

"Aw it's ok honey we all have bad dreams. Mommy gets them all the time. What was this dream about?" I asked as I sat in the rocking chair with her in my lap.

"B-big.. scawy m-man huwt mommy." She said sniffling.

My heart immediately dropped as I mind-linked Laura to come in here.

Mia Bella I know you are tired but I need you to come in Layla's room and read her thoughts.

I heard her groan before she answered. Why do I need to read our daughters thoughts?

She has a nightmare and I'm concerned it may have been a vision. I told her and I didn't even get a chance to say anything else before I heard Laura rushing down the hallway.

She stood in the doorway as I kept Layla's attention on me so she could read her thoughts. I watched Laura's expression change from concerned to terrified to pissed. I managed to get Layla back to sleep since it was 3 in the morning and followed Laura into the kitchen as she began making coffee.