Audrey Brooks [Chapter 23]

It felt like years since I had seen Beau’s face, felt his touch, when really it had only been 3 months, every day, I would find myself at the graveyard mourning at the loss of Luke and Beau, sometimes id even take them flowers. I made the effort to face my fears and go see my mum at least once a week, as for my dad, I got him burnt and threw his ashes in the nearest beach, he loved going there as a young boy, he use to do nippers, and was a lifesaver during his teenage years, that’s how he met my mother actually.

“Skyla, Skyla come here! Quick!” I heard Jai scream from upstairs

I hurried to my feet, leaving my laptop open on the lounge, I had decided to get a job, Jai couldn’t carry both of us on his own. I was putting together my resume. I ran up the steps taking two at a time, and turning into the door next to the lounge room, otherwise known as Jai’s room.

“What?” I said confused as I walked into his room, it was absolutely spotless, I’d say it will be about a week until you couldn’t see the floor again.

“I finished unpacking the last box!” He half yelled, then pulling me into a tight hug, “we’re finally back on track, I knew we were strong enough to pull through this” Jai whispered to me

The past couple of months have been hard, with Gina being away for most of it, we only had each other, which brought us quite close. Then moving houses, leaving all the old memories behind, but I now have decided not to cry about them leaving us, but to cherish all the great memories we had together.

“That’s great Jai! How about I go get dressed and we can go out to celebrate?” I smiled at him, earning a glowing smile back at me.

I walked out, through the second lounge room, down the hall passing the bathroom, the spare room and the study until I reached my room. I walked in, my double bed up against the wall, with a window at the end of it, pictures covered the remaining wall that was next to my bed, my bed side table was a light brown colour which went well with the cream/white walls, my iphone dock and some magazines were on it, a balcony door was opposite the hallway door, it had a little herb garden outside, a big dream catcher was hung on the wall behind my bed, and a walk in wardrobe was just a little further over. I walked into the wardrobe and looked around; a black dress caught my eye, one arm had one long sleeve and the other arm was sleeveless, it scooped at the top of my bust and a strip across the bottom of my bust exposing my skin, then went down to about mid-thigh length.

I slipped off my clothes putting chucking them into a corner where all my dirty clothes lay, and slipped on the dress, I walked into the bathroom, which was inside the wardrobe and had a look at myself in the mirror; I was not impressed at all. I quickly got out my hair straightener and straightened my hair, leaving my fringe out I braided it, so it would sit just below my chest, with the remaining bit of my hair I teased it up a little bit at the roots, and curled some of it, giving it a bit of a wild, untamed looked and then hair sprayed it. I ran back into my wardrobe sitting at the little powder table, I searched through some of the draws pulling out the makeup I needed, I quickly applied some foundation and blush, then went onto eye liner and mascara, I got a dark brown colour eye shadow and then finished it off with a creamy colour up the top giving my eye a smoky effect, then a little bit of concealer to hide any blemishes and a bit of lip gloss.

“Skyla! Are you ready yet?!” I heard Jai yell from downstairs

“I’m coming!” I yelled back, knowing I won’t be down for at least another 5 minutes,

I picked out a pair of Kandee high heels, they were silver and had studs along the bottom of them, Taj had got them for me once when I did a really good article in his magazine, earning him a lot of money… I put them on walking back out into my room grabbing a small bag and putting my wallet, phone, spray perfume and lip gloss in it. I slipped it over my shoulder, and quickly paced down the hall, then down the steps to meet Jai who was tapping away at his phone, as usual. I have no idea who has been texting lately, but it’s definitely a girl, I can tell by the way he smiles at the phone every time he receives a text.