Reality Check [Chapter 13]

Skyla’s POV

I laid in bed, well Skip’s bed looking up at the ceiling, I couldn’t help but see Beau’s face over and over again when he walked in on Skip and I, but the thing was I just thought because he did it, I’d get even to show him how much it hurts, but I guess I took it to far. “try and get some sleep Sky, he’ll get over it” Skip said as I shifted over so I was now laying on his chest, I didn’t say anything back but just nuzzled into his chest, he played with my hair, just putting his fingers through it slowly, it made me feel better, there was just something about Skip, how he handled everything that just made me want to stay in his arms forever.

I woke up slowly opening my eyes to see a sleeping beauty right next to me, he was a cute sleeper, the way he way he snores, that his hair had fallen all over his face, his mouth way slightly hung open, should make him seem unattractive, but it didn’t, it just made him look overly cute. I shifted my body around so I was now looking at the bedside table where my phone was, I turned it off last night because I didn’t want to hear anything from Beau, it would just make me even more upset, I grabbed it off the bedside table and turned back around so I was facing Skip, I held down the lock button to turn my phone on and waited. A few moments later my lock screen came up, it was Beau and I kissing... Seeing that was the equal pain to someone slapping my cheek, it hurt, a lot. I quickly went onto camera to snap a picture of Skip, he just looked to cute not too.  I slid out of bed and went to the kitchen to start making some breakfast, I usually have a big appetite but I just wanted to have to have something little, a hot chocolate should do.

“Good morning beautiful” Skip smiled walking in and kissing me on the forehead, he took a seat just across from me, a message came through on my phone, it lit up the screen, it was Beau

‘Dear Skyla,

I really want to say what I just saw was a bad dream, I know I did the same thing to you the other night but its not right to go do it, two wrongs can never make a right cause they will never be equal. I love you Sky, I really do, but out of all people, I never thought you would do that to me, when you get home, go into our room, go to the bookshelf and pick up the book ‘Goodnight Mr.Tom’ open it up and you will see another book, my book, that I wrote to you, read all the letters in it and then tell me what you think of how I feel about you? You could have at least hooked up with another guy, not my best friend… I guess this is just another one of the many letters to add to the collection, except I’m back to day 1. Good bye Skyla.

Beau’

My face instantly fell, what did he mean by good bye? And that he was back to day one? What the hell is he on about, and this book? He must of sent this last night when he left, but I turned my phone off before I could receive the text, I dialled his number but it went straight to message bank… “Sky don’t cry” I heard Skip say softly before leaning over and wiping my cheek, I didn’t even realise I was crying until he did that. I needed to make sure his okay.

“I have to go” I said softly getting up off the chair and kissing his cheek, he opened his mouth but I cut him off before he could say anything, “im so sorry, thank you for everything, we’ll have to catch up again soon?” I smiled hopefully at him,

"sure!” a big smile plastered his face.

---------------

It had been over 3 weeks now since I had seen Beau, since anyone had heard anything of him actually. Jai and Luke were starting to get worried and Gina was looking around for him. Skip and James had seen nothing of him, we were all left clueless.  The only thing I had heard from him was him writing a letter to me every day, he was up to day 21.