Come Home, Please? [Chapter 1]

3 years ago I made the biggest mistake of my life, leaving my fiancé Beau Brooks for a fashion designing job in Sydney. It wasn't like I didn't ask him to come, we argued over it for three months, and that's when I just couldn't stand him anymore and my job position wasn't going to wait for me, so I left.

I lived in a small apartment that over looked Sydney Harbour, it was nice and modern, I'd still kill to be back in the Brooks' house though, Beau hasn't called me once in the past two and a half years, I must be just a memory in his brain now.

"Skyla!" my boss half yelled at me, I shrunk in my seat thinking about what he was going to say to me, for some reason he seemed to be annoyed at me lately.

"Yes, Taj?" I yelled flatly back to him, I was working in his office lately, just cleaning and painting it. It wasn't in the job description but he wasn't motivated to get me any work, he'd rather me be his maid so he didn't have to hire one. Whenever I'd just go to quit he would say that work is coming soon for me, I couldn't afford to quit my job at the moment, I got good pay and lived in a nice apartment.

"You can go home early today, I have no more jobs for you" he simply stated as he entered the room, my face lit up.

"Seriously?" I questioned him, he never lets me leave early, as he says 'money doesn't grow on trees' he just nodded signalling I could leave, I stuffed my art book and pencils into my satchel and hurried to my feet.

I jumped into my car, it wasn't an amazing car like a Bentley, Alde or Range Rover, it was just a simple white 4WD that had voice control in it which was good enough for me. I turned on the radio, and flicked through the channels until my favourite song started to blare through the radio,

'Just waking up in the morning, and to be well, quite honest with ya,I ain't really sleep well'

I always had a passion for music, not sure why it was such a big influence on me but I guess it soothes me, I tapped my finger on the steering wheel to the beat,

'Give em hell, turn their heads, gonna live life 'til we're dead, hive me scars, give me pain, then they'll say to me, say to me, say to me, there goes the fighter, there goes the fighter, here comes the fighter, that's what they'll say to me, say to me, say to me, this one's a fighter'

I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket but I decided I'd call them back later because I'm not the best driver yet, so definitely talking on the phone wasn't in my best interest.

When I got home I couldn't have been more happier to take off my heels and get out of the black designer brand dress I was wearing that hugged my curves perfectly. I dumped my satchel at the door of my bedroom, I was browsing through my draws when I found Luke's old trackies, I smiled at the thought of the first time I met him at the airport,

'"hey babe" a voice said, I slowly turned my focus to a boy that sat in front of me, he had gorgeous brown eyes, a spot that was in the middle of his nose and a lip piercing, he wore a beanie which covered most of his hair but from what I could see it was brown, "um, hi?" I said hesitantly wondering why he was talking to me.'

My thoughts were interrupted by my phone ringing; I put down the pants and ran over to it, the same random number from before, I just shrugged it off and went back to picking out something comfy to wear, I slipped on Luke's trackies and Beau's old jumper, I hadn't worn it since I had moved back into the Brooks' house, Beau's smell still lingered on it. I took in the great scent and made my way out into the lounge room, I plopped down onto the lounge grabbing the remote seeing what was on but just as I thought, nothing. I decided I should go hire out 'Keeping up with the Kardashians' it was such a great series of shows to watch, yeah its dramatic but I love seeing how 'horrible' their lives are...

It wasn't long until I realised I had been sitting there since I had dinner which was at 6pm and its now 11pm, I had work tomorrow so i came to a descion it was time to hit the hay, I quickly washed up the dirty dishes, turned off the lights and headed for my room, I sprawled out on my bed, and then started feeling for my phone on my bed, which is almost impossible in the dark but I ended up finding it sooner or later, there were 4 missed calls from that same number and a text saying

'please answer your phone, its urgent'

But that was at 9:34pm, I studied the number to see if I could figure out whoses it was, I went through all my old texts and call log but found nothing matching it, I sent a text back saying

'who is this?'

But I knew I wouldn't get a reply until the morning which frankly didn't bother me, before I knew it, darkness took over.

I woke up to a series of beeps, which was my alarm clock waking me up from my precious sleep to go to work that I use to love but now is living hell. I went to go have a quick shower, washing my hair and shaving my legs. I wrapped a towel around my petite frame and entered my room to decided on what I was wearing today, from what I could see outside it looked sunny but a little windy, so I decided on a pair of burgundy jeans and a thin black material singlet, it was flowy and had a little collar with studs on it, I let my hair to dry naturally and went to go have breakfast. I opened up all the windows of the house on my way to the kitchen, it was a morning ritual, then I went and made myself a bowl of special k before going and sitting down to whatever cartoon programs where on in the morning, its usually Spongebob or something. I checked my phone while I was sitting there eating, there was 2 missed calls from that number once again, they where really starting to get on my nerves, there was also a message that simply said.

'An old friend in need, please call me when you get this'

I decided to call while I was at home so I wouldn't have to explain to Taj why I kept getting calls throughout work, "hello, I've been getting calls from this number quite frequently since yesterday afternoon and I was just wondering who it is and what you wanted?" I said in a the politest voice I possibly could, I didn't know who I was talking to I guess, I could hear yelling in the background.

"Sky, its Luke" I gasped at who I was talking to, who was yelling at who is the back ground, before Luke could talk again I cut him off

"Are you okay? Whats wrong? Whose yelling in the background? Where are you?" I said in a panicky voice, even if I haven't spoken to him in over 2 years, doesn't mean I don't care for him.

"Im okay, at the moment, we need your help Sky, Beau has just gone insane without you being here, his to much to handle at the moment" Luke whispered to me desperately, "Jai, give them to me know! I know you have them!" I heard Beau scream in the background and there was a loud shatter, "BEAU, WHAT THE FUCK!?" Luke then screamed, "He doesn't have them, get out of here!" I heard Luke scream, I've never heard them all fight like this, but what the hell just happened to Jai.

It was silent for a minute or so before someone came back to the phone except it was two voices, "sorry about that" they both chorused,

"Luke! Jai! Are uses okay? What just happened?" I said immediately, worried about what Jai and Luke just had to go through and what Beau had done to them,

"were okay, we just need you to come home Sky, we need your help" Jai said, "please Sky" Luke said, they weren't whispering anymore, I think Beau must have left, "ill get on the next flight, ill be there tonight"

-----------------

A/N:

i just couldnt wait to post this, so here it is, ill update this when it get 2 votes and 2 comments, and so on for the next chapters, it might take a while to do the chapters aswell as im trying to make them long as you can see with this one. I also uploaded a picture of Skyla, thought you all would like to see what she looks like, that can be found in the side bar :) dedicated this chapter to @zhanprincess for making the cover! thank you!

so let me know what you think, if its good or not? xoxo

SideBar:

Picture- Skyla Partridge

Song- The FIghter - Gym Class Heros