Meet Me At The Park [Chapter 7]

I was in the kitchen cooking two pepperoni pizzas, Beau was setting the table, he was dressed in casual yet formal looking clothes, and he was really putting in an effort to get his mum’s trust back. Jai & Luke where out getting wine to have with the pizza, they were dressed in black skinny jeans and white dressy tops, I was wearing a purple dress that was skin tight, it had no pattern, just simply purple. “Beau, could you get the wine glasses out please” I yelled out to him, he did as I said and smiled as he walked past.

“Pizzas smelling good” he complimented as he walked out, it finally felt like the normal Beau was back. There was a knock at the door; I smiled at the thought that it was Gina.

“I’ll get it!” Beau called out, it was great timing cause the pizzas had just finished, I grabbed the out and placed them on two large plates and moved them into the dining room, I then grabbed a big bowl of salad I had made earlier and put it in the middle of the two pizzas. I poked my head around the corner to see how Beau and Gina were doing, they were still hugging, I could see tears in Gina’s eyes, it made me smile seeing them both happy together. I quickly went into the lounge room to fix up the pillows and blankets, the boys had a pillow fight earlier.

“Skyla! Darling, I’ve missed you!” Gina greeted me as she walked into the dining room, I hugged her and smiled.

“I've missed you to mum” I smiled, she smiled back, it had come into a habit of me calling her that, she understood though, I just guess I never had a mother figure to look up to...

We all sat at the dining table, just enjoying each other’s company, laughing and talking about life a couple of years ago, “do you remember Beau when you use to sneak into Penola to have lunch with Sky?” Gina giggled at the memory, I saw Beau cheeks fill with pink, Luke and Jai looked at each other in shock.

“He actually got in?” Jai said confused,

“Everyday” Gina smiled,

“It was cute” I smiled at Beau, he smiled back making my insides get all warm.

Gina decided to stay for a movie or two, so the twins took her into the lounge room to get a movie started, Beau was washing up and I was making popcorn, and then helping Beau after. I could hear faint laughs from the lounge room which made me giggle to, “what are you giggling at?” Beau smirked.

“Just, I love us all being like this” I smiled,

“and I love you” he said taking a step closer to me, but I took a step back, I just didn’t know how I felt about it, I mean, I just got out of hospital, and Beau has only just stopped the drugs, maybe we should wait a while?

“Beau, I love you to, I have for the past 4 god damn years, but we can’t be together at the moment” I said, he took another step closer to me, I took a step back but hit the wall, the next thing I felt was his lips crashed against mine, fireworks went off everywhere, it was full of lust and love, something I’d been longing for a long time, I kind of guess were together now, right?

“guys where’s the popc-“ Jai said trailing off when he saw Beau and I kissing, we broke away quickly and both just laughed, Jai smiled, but his cheeks glowed a crimson colour.

“just over there” I said all giddy, Beaus arm snaked around my waist, we followed Jai out into the lounge room, Beau and I sat down on bean bags on the floor while Jai, Luke and Gina sat on the lounge, we were watching The Amazing Spider Man, every now and then Beau would plant a kiss on my forehead, or my lips, either way I didn’t mind, I snuggled up into his chest under the doona, it felt nice.

After the movie had finished we went out the back to the outside dining area for on last glass of wine before Gina went, she lived at least 30 – 45 minutes away, the nice cold air was nice, “Logan has been coming around” Gina said looking directly at Beau,  “his been asking for his money, and they ruined my garden and keyed my car, you seriously need to get your act together Beau” she said in all seriousness, Beau didn’t say one word, he just got up, he kissed me on the lips, hugged Luke and Jai and kissed his mum’s forehead.