Everything Is Clearer When Your In Love [Chapter 8]

“Logan, don’t shoot her! Shoot me” Beau said weakly, I was being held at gun point, it was a life or death situation, if we did one single move wrong, all Logan had to do was pull the trigger of the gun that was aimed at my head and I was gone.

“No Beau, I got us into this mess! It’s my fault!” I screamed, tears falling freely by this stafe, I guess it was a lot to handle, I’d never been in this position before, nor did I think I ever would be.

“someone once told me Sky, that if you truly love someone, there worth dying for” he said, his green eyes that usually glittered in the sun no longer did, they were full of hurt and pain, his skin was no longer a sun kissed tan colour, it was stained red. How did we ever end up in this position?

"And I love you Sky” he smiled.

-16 hours ago -

“Sky! Beau!” I heard someone call out, it was faint but could be heard clearly, I poked my head out of the abandon toilet block we were in to see Jai and Luke wandering throughout the bush, I waved them over and they soon joined us in the bathroom.  When they saw Beau they let out a sigh of relief but I could tell they were annoyed at me, they helped Beau stand up and then engulfed him in a brotherly hug, it was cute seeing all of them hug.

“We have the 40 grand plus an extra five thousand for the inconvenience, so let’s go now to Logan’s, give it to him, and get him out of our life? Okay” Jai said showing Beau a clear zip lock bag filled with cash.

“It’s too dangerous for all of you to come! You’re not coming! You’re the last people I want to get hurt!” He spat at all of us, he always turned down our help, he was a very head strong and independent person.

“Fine” Luke simply said, then shot me and Jai a look to go along with it, I couldn’t help but think what Beau meant by ‘dangerous’ it scared me, but excited me at the same time.

-11.5 hours ago-

It was coming up to 5:30pm, Beau should have been home an hour ago, it took an hour to drive to Logan’s and an hour to drive back, he left at 1:30pm, it doesn’t take 2 hours to hand over money. “I’m getting worried” I said softly, you could tell they were worried too, we had been sitting in complete silence for the past 3 hours waiting for Beau to walk back through the door, but a terrible feeling pooled in the bottom of my stomach, I just needed to go to him, I knew that Beau needed us.

“Okay Luke, let’s go” Jai suddenly spoke, Luke grinned that finally his brother had given in, Luke hopped up and walked to his room, so did Jai. What the hell where they doing? I walked into Luke’s room; he was pulling out a gun and placing it in the back of his pants, in between his back and jeans, then pulling his shirt over the top. Since when did he have one of those stashed away in his room? I continued into Jai’s room who was also packing a gun in the same place Luke was, I opened my mouth and then closed it again, I was speechless.

“here, you’ll need it” Jai smiled throwing a gun my way, I caught it, I winced at the feeling of the cold metal against my warm hands, I had no idea where to put it or what I was doing, so I just did the same as Luke and Jai. After about five minutes after the boys finished doing whatever they were doing we all piled into the Range Rover and headed towards Logan’s house. Well this will be interesting I thought to myself as we pulled out of the driveway.

-9 hours earlier-

We parked a fair bit away from the house, we didn’t want to be heard or seen,  actually I wouldn’t classify it as a house, it was more a shack kind of thing. Logan’s house was out in the middle of nowhere, but no wonder why, I mean look at all the shit he does.  It took about 30 minutes to get to the house on foot where we parked, when we approached the house, men’s laughter filled the atmosphere, and smoke filled the air. Bushes surrounded the whole property, so we made our way through there, so we couldn’t be seen, I could see about 3 men sitting around a bonfire, drinking away and having a good laugh, Logan was definitely there but I didn’t know the other two, neither was Beau. I turned back around to head towards the house when Jai grabbed my arm, “where are you going?” he said barely a whisper