Red And Blue Lights [Chapter 20]

It was late afternoon by the time I got there; of course the bus had to be all stops. The bus pulled to a stop just at the top of Premier Rd, I thanked the driver and got off the bus, watching it pull away from the bus stop knowing I was now out in the open, I kept observant to my surroundings making sure if my father followed me I could spot him, his changed so much, his brown shaggy hair was now short and blonde, his blue eyes were flat and dull anymore they were now vibrant and his personality, well unfortunately that didn’t change.

It was a warm, sunny day, no clouds in sight, I strolled down the street, tapping away at my phone, looking up every now and then to making sure I didn’t run into anything, I sent a text to Beau, Luke, Jai, James and Daniel telling them that my father was back and he might be looking around for me, I gave them a description of what he looks like as well, I didn’t tell them where I was going though, I didn’t want them to. Before they could reply to me I turned off my phone, slipping it into my bag. It wasn’t long until I got to my destination, I walked along the pebbles and up to the small cottage like house, I knocked on the door 3 times, before taking a step back, the door flung open, “Gina!” I squealed before she could say anything, she engulfed me in a hug before pulling back with a smile sketched across her face.

“What brings you here Sky?” she questioned me in an cheerful voice, she stepped aside letting me in, I walked towards the lounge room and sat down.

“I lost the baby” I said with a long sigh at the end, I felt the couch dip next to me, the smiling Gina was now a confused Gina

“What baby?” she asked, Beau hadn’t told her I was pregnant?

“You know… The baby… I was meant to have with uh… Beau?” I said softly, my head hung low, Gina looked shocked, I felt a lump appear in my throat, he obviously hasn’t told her about Savannah either, every time I hear her name makes me sick. “It doesn’t matter though, I had a miscarriage” I smiled slightly trying to let her know I was fine.

“Sky” she breathed weakly before pulling me in for a hug, a few tears trickled down my face, it felt good to cry in a mums arm, she might not be my mum, but she definitely has acted it for the past 5 years. I’d do anything to have my mum back, but if I did, maybe I wouldn’t have met half of the great people I have, my cries got harder as I thought about my mother, I felt Gina’s shirt starting to become wet, and her fingers run through my hair as she rocked me back in forth in her arms, and if I didn’t know better I think Gina was crying too.

After a good hour of staying in that position it was already becoming dark, “do you mind if I stay here the night Gina?” I questioned her as we watched TV, Gina had put on called Dodge Ball, it was quite funny surprisingly.

"Of course you can sweetie!” she said joyfully, but a concerned look still on her face as it had been since I told her I had a miscarriage, “what do you feel like for dinner?” she asked, her eyes never leaving the TV screen. I know now where the boys get it from.

“How about Chinese?” I asked

“Sure”

-----------------

Long after dinner was finished Gina went off to go to Zumba down at the community hall with a few other mums or what she would like to say her friends. She had always loved to dance. It was 9:45pm, Gina said she would be home around 10:30, so I locked up the house except for the back door which she asked me to leave unlocked, I then trailed up into the spare room, there was a TV, I turned it on and just snuggled up under the covers, the house was quiet, it kind of scared me. I was kind of zoned out when something caught my attention on the news,

“3 found dead in Broadmedows” the blonde lady informed everyone watching, I froze up, a horrible feeling pooling at the bottom of my stomach, video footage was show outside the house, my house, the Brooks brothers house. I couldn’t pull my eyes away from the TV, this could not be happening. “Police are currently investigating, there isn’t any information on the story, victims still yet to be identified” The lady said once again showing no sign on sympathy.