Taking Risks [Chapter 2]

“Taj, I need to leave early today” I said quietly to him while we sat in his office, it was so silent, we just did nothing, I didn’t even see the point of coming to work.

“What you think now that you got one early leave, you can get more? Not on my watch” he spat with anger in his voice, I had to be at the airport in just over an hour, I didn’t want Luke and Jai to stay by themselves.

“I need to go see a friend who is in need, he needs my help, so I’m going to take my holiday early” I simply stated knowing that this wasn’t about to go well, but how bad could it get? We have a pretty good Boss-Employee relationship.

“You think you can call all the shots now heh?” he said getting out of his chair and towards me, I got up as well, I realised he wasn’t going to let me go so I moved towards the door when he grabbed my wrist, I tried to wriggle free not letting my eyes leave his.

“You walk out that door,  you don’t ever come back in” he said with confidence in his voice, this was it, the moment I decide whether I’m going to go help my family or stay at my ‘dream’ job.

“I quit then” I spat, shaking my hand out of his grasp and walking out the door, and at the moment I knew I made the right decision, it took about 10 minutes to get, I speed raced a little I guess. I had just under 30 minutes to pack and get to the airport, the airport was only 5 minutes away so I have about 25 minutes, I hurried around my room chucking all sorts of clothes in my bag, perfumes, my laptop, my charger for my phone and laptop, and toiletries. I checked the time quickly 12:50pm, I have to be there in 10minutes, I ran into the kitchen grabbing an apple and muesli bar into my carry-on bag, I put a jumper in and a book.  I made a quick call to my best friend, Claudia, to see if she would come stay at my house while I was gone and she was happy to.

I made it just on time for the flight, my luggage was checked, the lady had checked my passport and I was now waiting to board the plane. ‘A  moment of love, a dream, a laugh, a kiss, a cry, our rights, our wrongs, a moment of love, a dream, a laugh, a moment of love, a dream, a laugh’ started blaring through my phone, hearing that describe what I was probably going to go through the next couple a weeks, I quickly took it out of my pocket, it was Luke, I let out a long sigh and answered, “hey bro” I said cheerfully,

"hey Sky, what time will you be getting here tonight?” he questioned in a quiet voice, it made me think of how bad Beau was treating them, they had to whisper every time they were on the phone to someone while he was there,  he screamed at them, and hurt them, this wasn’t the Beau I fell in love with 3 years ago.

“I’ll actually be there around 3:30ish, I’m about to board” I smiled forgetting that he couldn’t see me, I couldn’t wait to see the twins again, they sound just like they use to, as for Beau, I still can’t wait to see him even if his turned into some sort of monster. Luke and I spoke for a little longer and then I had to go because it was time to board, Jai was going to come pick me up when I got there, Luke gave me Jai’s number so I could call him when I touched down.

“Sky!” I heard someone scream in the airport, I just knew it was Jai, I turned to see a boy running straight to him, I dropped my bags and did the same as he was, “Jai!” I yelled in excitement, a smile both plastered across out faces, I jumped into Jai’s embrace, my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck, my face nuzzled into his shoulder, he definitely had gotten stronger since I had last seen him, “I missed you so much so much Sky” he mumbled against my skin, we had always been close.

“I can’t say the same” I said sliding off Jai, he frowned down at me for what I had just said, “because I've missed you more than anything in the world” I smiled, he lent down and kissed my forehead, Jai was always so sweet, it wasn’t anything more than him being an older brother to me though. Jai helped me grabbed my bags and we filed out of the airport, he started walking towards a black range rover, he pulled out the keys from his pocket and pressed the unlock button, “how the hell did you afford a range rover?” I said in astonishment, Jai just laughed, but never answered my question.

“I quit my job today” I said quietly in the car to Jai, he looked up to me in pure shock that I’d ever leave that job,

“Why!?” he shrieked, I just shrugged to show I didn’t really care that much about it, he just shook his head.

“I guess, I just wanted to help you guys out” I answered him softly, smiling lightly at him, he face had the same as mine, I loved Jai’s smile, it was so beautiful.  We pulled up outside the Brooks’ house, but in fact, it wasn’t their house, it was a completely different looking house, it was large, the outside was painted a cream colour, plants where lined along the driveway, pebbles filling the gaps. It was like the boys had won lotto a thousand times, it was just unbelievable. “Like the renovations?”  Jai smirked while looking at me who was in a complete daze.

“Did you guys rob a bank or something?” I smirked back at him, slowing taking my eyes off the house to see Jai, he looked down at the ground and then pulled out my bags from the boot of his car, they couldnt have robbed a bank, right? he gave me my little carry-on bag while he took the rest, his such a gentleman. The house lights where dimmed and it was very silent, “Luke, where are you?” Jai yelled through the house as we walked in, we continued to walk down the hall, we passed a dark room, it had dark blood red walls, with black bed sheets, the window was covered with black curtains and there was a shelf filled was bottles of perfume just above the bed which was occupied by a body that hung half on and off the bed, I looked in and he groaned making me jump, and continue to follow Jai. We walked past another 2 rooms which Jai pointed out was Luke’s and his, then the very last door was my room, I dropped my bags down and quickly followed Jai back out. We found Luke in the kitchen; he had a blood nose, “what happened?” I asked applying pressure to his nose, “Beau happened” he growled.

-------------------

A/N:

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE POSITIVE FEED BACK! once again, 2 votes & 2 comments for the next chapter, im also going to try and put a song to every chapter for you guys to listen to while reading :) x

Sidebar

Picture -  Jai Brooks, and Luke Brooks

Song - Sweet Disposition - The Temper Trap