Chapter 12: "Which teacher did you bang?"

When the lunch bell rang I practically sprinted to the canteen, knowing that for this to work we would have to be one of the first people there.

I almost ran into Kate on my way in which caused us both to glare and mutter obscenities under out breaths while biting back smiles. Neither one wanting to acknowledge how amusing this was.

Amy was already there, sitting at the table with her lunch in front of her and her feet on the table. She grinned wickedly when she saw our faces.

“What teacher did you bang to get out so early?” Kate asked once we had both gotten out lunches and were sat down at the table with her.

I looked around us, remembering when I once sat at this table with people like Sophie. I would talk about and tease everyone around us, pointing out their flaws.

I felt bitter sitting back here again.

“I told Mr Kinley I was on my period and he pretty much shoved me out of the class.” Amy said shrugging, taking a bite from her apple.

I laughed and began opening my water bottle.

“I am only going to say this one more time.” I began noticing the canteen was slowly filling up and we were starting to get recognised.

“This is a very bad idea.”

Amy groaned and Kate rolled her eyes at me.

“Oh grow a pair.” Was Kate’s lovely advice while Amy took the diplomatic route:

“It’s not like they can do anything they haven’t already.”

Yeah, that helped.

And, of course, this is when Sophie and her followers decided to walk into the canteen.

She stopped dead in this over dramatically way and covered her mouth with her stupid hand. She looked over her shoulder at her friends and the all copied her.

I groaned.

“God, this is like a scene from Mean Girls.”

Both Amy and Kate turned to glare at me:

“Shut up.”

Wow, their synchronicity is truly a terrifying thing.

“What the hell do you think you are doing?” Sophie spat venomously the moment she stomped up to the table.

I tried not to cower away from the look she was giving me and instead drank carefully from my water.

“You mean other than having lunch?” Amy asked raising an eyebrow at her.

Sophie seemed to be struggling with her anger; I swear her face was going purple under all that orange makeup.  

“Get away from our table freaks!” She exploded stamping one of her feet in anger.

I rolled my eyes at her dramatics.

“How about….No?” Kate said smiling sweetly.

“You little fucking-“ She was cut off by the arrival of Chris, Jeremy and Seth.

Sophie struggled to get control of the ugly anger etched onto her face, and placed a big fat flirty smile on instead.

“What’s going on?” Seth asked innocently, pulling out the seat beside mine.

I bit back my smile. He knew exactly what was going on.

“Oh nothing, but your cousin and her friends have to leave. This is my table. Oh but you three can stay. We just don’t have enough seats for them.” Her voice was as sweet as honey, but the glare she shot me, Amy and Kate was anything but sweet.