Chapter 11: "As Bad as a nun's sex life."

Once Seth was gone Amy turned to look at me, a thoughtful expression on her round face.

“What?” I asked a little wary.

She tapped her chin, a smile slowly appearing onto her pale pink lips.

For a second I thought she was going to ask about Judy, about why she had called but she didn’t. And I was sincerely grateful for that, I guess we have a mutual agreement on that matter.

For now.

“You should start talking to people again: show them that they don’t affect you anymore.”

Okay, I wasn’t expecting that.

I laughed and then abruptly stopped; realising she was being serious.

I frowned, shaking my head.

“It’s not that easy Amy. They ignore me. Even if I tried talking to them I would get a better conversation from a brick wall.” I said running a hand through my hair, looking at the postered wall instead of her big doe eyes.

“That’s just an excuse.” Amy said quietly.

I snapped my head towards her, surprised at the disappointment in her voice. It hurt: more than it should.

“So, I hear you’re replacing me this weekend?” Kate suddenly said, trying to dissipate the awkwardness that had surrounded us.

I never thought I would be grateful of Kate Harley.

“Yeah, though, I didn’t get much say in it.” I said rolling my eyes.

Kate nodded.

“You have no idea how glad I was to discover I would be working, I almost kissed my boss. Now, when you take into consideration that my boss is a fifty year old woman who looks a little like Hagrid: kissing her is a pretty big deal.” Kate said a small smirk working its way onto her face.

Amy snorted, puffing out her cheeks a little.

“Well I think it will be fun.” Amy said leaning back onto her elbows to look at the poster of David Tennant above her.

“Whose idea was it to go out and do this anyway?” I asked, the thought only just now hitting me.

It was most likely Jeremy’s idea.

Something this crazy had to have come from him.

“Seth’s.” Amy said plainly, a strange look coming over her.

I frowned.

“Any reason for the sudden adrenalin junky experience?” I asked following her eyes across the poster.

Now he is one hot fictional character…

Not the issue Melody.

Amy sat up, the bed creaking under the sudden movement, and brushed her hair from her face.

“He…He Has this list he wants to complete before the end of Senior Year, we all decided to help him with it.” Amy said struggling for the right words.

I didn’t ask anything else; the glare Kate was giving Amy for even saying that little piece of information stopped me.

I didn’t ask why he had a ‘list’ because it sounded suspiciously like a bucket list and that put way to many depressing thoughts unto my mind.

So instead I just nodded, acted like I was clueless to the heavy atmosphere and let Kate change the subject again.

Sometimes ignorance is bliss.