Chapter 8: "Chris broke the shitter."

I don’t know where that pizza came from but it was the best pizza I have ate in a long time.

“Thanks for the pizza Cathy,” I said sighing happily at my full stomach. Cathy waved me off; a smile on her round face.

“It’s my pleasure hun, better feeding you than these idiot boys.” She jerked her thumb at the three said idiots who were, at the moment, having a sword fight with their pizza crusts.

Jeremy was winning.

“Well since it’s your ‘pleasure’ Mum, Melody is going to be coming around a lot more often. Since we are History partners.” Amy said smirking at me slightly.

“Wait! Does that mean we see less of Kate?” Jeremy said a hopeful glint in his eyes.

Amy glared at him and I had to bite back a smile. Then I felt  a little guilty, Kate was Amy’s friend after all.

“No, Kate can still come around. Even if Melody is here.” Amy said shrugging.

Jeremy and Chris laughed shaking their heads as they done so.

“Yeah, that’s likely.” Chris said looking quickly at Amy then down again when their eyes met. Amy scowled at his head, as he continued to avoid eye contact with her.

Hmm, what’s going on there?

Jeremy caught my staring and winked at me before mouthing:

‘I’ll tell you later.’

I nodded and bit back a smile.

“Well, thanks for having me Cathy, but I really should be going.” I said beginning to stand but Amy pulled my ass back into my seat.

“What? No! You have to stay for ice cream! Come on we have chocolate flavour!” She said smiling slightly at me. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

Seth turned in his chair to wiggle his eyebrows at me, enticing me in with those blue eyes of his.

Damn him.

“Fine…Just let me call home first.” I said standing.

“There’s a bathroom just there.” Cathy said pointing to the hallway.

I nodded gratefully and made my way to the small bathroom.

I locked the door behind me and pulled out my mobile. I quickly pulled up Judy’s number and hit dial.

“Melody?” Judy said sounding tired through the phone.

“Yeah, look Judy Amy’s asked me to stay for a little longer here, so don’t expect me back till about ten.” I said looking around the tiny bathroom as I spoke.

“Where are you really Melody?” She said dryly.

“What?” I snapped.

“We both know you aren’t where you say you are. You’ve been disappearing a lot lately, you won’t even sit in my presence any more. You’re keeping something from me.”

I laughed bitterly down the line.

“That’s rich.”

I then hung up, not wanting to argue further with her.

Great, now I have to make her believe that I’m telling the truth? Is my life that pathetic that I can’t say I have friends without her thinking I’ve joined a gang?

Sighing, I slipped my phone into my back pocket again and ran a hand through my messy hair. My reflection in the mirror mocked me as I tried to get a hold of my anger and annoyance. I looked tired, as I usually did, but there was something different… I just couldn’t pin point what.