Chapter 3: "I felt like I had been out on an all-night Vodka bender."

What had I done?

The anger in my system had started to recede as I charged my way out of the school and the realisation of my idiocy was begin to pound away at my head.

 I was barely aware of where I was going when I bumped into something strangely soft.

“Oompf,” a deep, rusty, voice groaned from in front of me.

I jumped away from who I walked into immediately my eyes darting up to meet the persons annoyed eyes.

Christopher Robertson was rubbing his chest and scowling at me and beside him stood Jeremy Anderson, who was fighting back a smile at his best friends’ annoyance.

“She almost floored you there,” Jeremy said slapping Christopher on the back heavily making him wince in return.

“She just caught me by surprise.” Christopher scoffed his bottom lip jutting out slightly.

I was frozen while watching the two boys bicker teasingly between themselves. It was strange. I had never seen them act like this before; normally they just sit together and glare at everyone around them. But the way they are acting right now reminds me of Seth way more than it should.

“Uhm, I’m sorry. I really never saw you.” I said bringing them out of their argument. They both turned to look at me and I was taken in by their looks almost instantly. They were pretty boys.

Figures.

Christopher was short, not much taller than I was actually which rarely happened. His blonde hair was short but suited his angular face well. His eyes were sparkling blue; they didn’t seem unkind or brutish like all the rumours made him out to be. And when he tilted his head to look at me closer I noticed lines of deep purple bruising curling around his pale neck. Almost like someone had grabbed him by the throat.

He noticed my staring and straightened up again, fixing his shirt to cover the marks.

“I can tell. You looked like you were about to jump off the roof when you came hurtling into me. I doubt you would have saw me if I shouted your name.” Christopher commented shrugging casually.

Jeremy jabbed him in the ribs with his elbow and muttered under his breath at his lack of tack. I smiled ruefully at the both of them.

“Well, whatever. I’m sorry, and I’m leaving.” I said trying to make my way around them but Jeremy stood in my way, his arms folding over his broad chest menacingly.

As he stood in front of me I could totally see where the rumours came from. He was huge compared to Christopher, heck his chest span could make two of me. And his piercing grey eyes were really creepy in an oddly hot way.

He made me take a small step back in surprise.

“So what happened to make you run out of class?” He said uncrossing his arms and sliding his hands into the front pockets of his jeans.

I quirked an eyebrow and shrugged.

“Why are you guys not in class?” I asked instead.

Weird. Not one single threat or snide comment about who I was. Not even a dirty look from either of them.

Yet, when I tried to think of a time either of these guys had ever took part in my hate club I couldn’t. They hadn’t really acted like I had existed to begin with though, so I guess it didn’t matter when I suddenly became public enemy number one.

How could I have not noticed that before?

“We were about to TP Mr Bradley’s car, but you ran into Chris before we could even reach the toilets.” Jeremy said grinning boyishly.