Chapter 10: "Why did you punch her in the boob?"

Un edited, I apologise for any and all mistakes….

Though we had tried to think of a solid way to piss off Sophie, a proper plan never came to fruition.

And now it was the end of the day, meaning I was on my way home.

Now isn’t that a cheery thought. Nowadays it’s hard to decide where I would rather be, at a school filled with people who treat me like I have the plague or at a home where there is nothing but depression and secrets.

As I make my way to my car I see two people leaning against it, laughing at some joke I couldn’t hear.

“Hey Jer’, Chris: what’s up?” I asked as I approached the two idiots.

It was odd to see them there, people were looking over at them curiously too.

“Melody! Great, we weren’t too sure if this was actually your car and we were going to come face to face with some guy who thinks we were waiting to hit on him.” Jeremy said running his hand over his head as he looked around the slowly emptying parking lot.

I rolled my eyes at his weird scenario and began digging through my bag for my keys.

“Well it’s mine. So what do you want?” I asked my eyes focussed on the inside on my bag as I struggled to find the stupid set of keys.

“Well, we kinda have this spare ticket for-“ Jeremy began but Chris jumped in and stopped him from saying whatever he was about to.

“For this thing!”

Surprised by his sudden interruption I looked up from my bag with wide eyes.

Immediately my eyes are drawn to the bruising making its way along his high cheek bones, I stare at it in confusion. I quickly scan the rest of him, his arms covered once again by a long sleeved jumper, the bluish skin under his eyes from lack of sleep…He looked like shit: to be frank.

He caught me staring, and flashed my a bright smile; shaking his head slightly, silently asking me not to question him.

I furrowed my brows but didn’t say anything, after all, I knew what it was like to have secrets.

Jeremy, oblivious to the sudden change in tension continued like normal.

“Yeah! For this thing, we got one for Kate but turns out she’s busy and can’t come. The… Thing. Was kinda expensive so we don’t want it to go to waste. Wanna come instead?”

I crossed my arms over my chest, my keys momentarily forgotten as my eyes narrowed at the two grinning boys. There was a reason they weren’t telling me what these tickets were for.

“Hmm, so who’s all going…To this thing?” I asked carefully, my lips pursing in suspicion.

They looked at each other, before looking back at me.

“Oh, y’know, us…Amy…Seth…” Chris said waving his hands slightly, casually.

“And when is this thing taking place?” I continued.

“This Saturday.” Jeremy answered still smiling.

“Okay great!” I said smiling as cheerfully as I could muster

They both looked surprised that I had given in so easily, and both began to speak but my look shot them down.

“Oh! One last thing, what the hell is this thing?” My eyes narrowed again, my lips pulling down into a frown.