Chapter 13: "Monthly goal to shave your hair off."

It was a little exciting to be running out of school with a guy I had only known for a week. It was not so exciting when he tapped on the headmaster’s door and told me to run faster on our way out.

Asshole.

“I’m not getting on your bike Seth.” I said for the tenth time as he dragged me to said vehicle.

He groaned, muttering under his breath and jammed his hand into his pocket pulling out his keys.

“Fine!” He snapped and shoved the keys into his helmet that was in the seat compartment of this bike.

I grinned, and headed back to my car, unlocking it when we were near enough.

“Where to?” I asked starting up the car.

Seth was busy texting, probably Chris or Jeremy about his motorbike, but his eyes flickered up to meet mine before looking back down at the screen of the phone.

“I don’t know.”

I glared at the side of his head in annoyance.

“You suggested we skipped.”

He stopped texting and look at me properly this time.

“Well you look like shit and I wasn’t too sure if I was going to punch Sophie in the boob, this looked like the best option.”

I gripped the steering wheel a little tighter, gritting my teeth slightly.

“Ugh,” I groaned.

He just had to bring it up.

“Let’s not talk about Sophie.” I said shaking my head.

“Agreed.” He murmured putting his phone back into this pocket.

We sat in my car for another minute until my stomach rumbled.

And when I say it rumbled I mean it ‘screamed out to the world that it was dying’ rumbled.

Seth glanced down at me, a smirk glittering his lips.

“Hungry?”

I didn’t bother to answer him and just started the car.

He chuckled and shook his head.

“Go to the diner.”

I didn’t bother to reply, knowing if I did I would lose control of the stupid blush threatening to ruin my cheeks.

It takes about twenty minutes to get to the diner from school and the first ten minutes consisted of the most awkward of silences.

Every now and then I would catch Seth looking at me from the corners of my eyes. I didn’t know what he was thinking.

He knew that my sisters were… Dead. He just didn’t know how.

I knew his parents were…. Dead. I just didn’t know how.

It was all just a bit messed up.

The unanswered questions seemed to be stuck in the silence between the two of us. It was suffocating. I didn’t know how to feel around him anymore, sure, there was a little relief that some of the weight was gone from my shoulders, but the worst part of the story hasn’t been told yet.

I heard him sigh deeply and I glanced over at him. He was looking out his window, a faraway look on his face.

I scrambled to think of some kind of conversation starter.