Loudmouthed ME + Mafia YOU = A lot of crazy.

I woke up to find myself alone in Landon's bed. I sat up and stretched my shoulder. A deep pain seemed like it was imbedded in the middle of my back.

I slid out of the bed and went down the hall to my room. My foot throbbing with pain every step of the way. I slipped out of my clothes and went into the bathroom in my underwear. I washed my face and looked a the bruises that started to form on my neck.

The bruises were wide and dark. A knock came from my bedroom door.

"Amanda?" Landon asked from the other side.

"Yeah." I yelled but my voice cracked. Tears welled up in my eyes and I stared down at the sink.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

When I didn't answer he came into my room and looked at me in the bathroom.

He wrapped his arms around me and I breathed back my tears and stared up at him.

"Why are you so good to me?" I whispered.

He picked me up and set me on the counter. "Why do you think you have have less than good?"

I shrugged and kissed him. "Because I'm used to it." I mumbled against his lips.

He kissed me back and tangled his hands in my hair. I slipped my hands under his t-shirt and over his stomach. He took his shirt off and I pressed myself into him.

Before I knew what I was doing, I crumbled into tears. Landon pulled away from me and stared at me quizzically.

I sobbed and folded into myself. I thought I could do this. I thought I would be okay, because I helped out a friend. But I thought wrong.

I looked up at Landon through my tears. He was staring at me helplessly. "I killed him." I whispered.

He was confused.

"Joesph..." I said and looked down.

He abruptly left the room and I broke down again. Great. Now he hates me.

But it surprised me when he ame back in with a t-shirt. He slipped it over my head and led me out of my room and into the living room.

He sat me down on the couch and sat in front of me on the coffee table. "Explain." he said patiently.

I took a deep breath and proceeded to tell him everything. The whole time I was talking Landon was watching me intently.

~~~~

When I was finished telling him he sat next to me on the couch and I put my head in his lap.

"Are you mad?" I whispered and stared straight ahead. He gently pulled his fingers through my hair.

"No." he answered and smoothed my cheek. "I just wish you would have told me so you wouldn't have to go through this."

I wiped my face of all remaining tears and closed my eyes. "What is going to happen if they find out who did it?"

He shifed and brought his lips to my ear. "Nothing is going to happen, because they won't."

"Promise?"

"I promise." his warm breath fanned over my face and I felt him leave light kisses all over the side of my face he could see.

I switched on the TV and found some random show on. We sat and watched TV for a while. I only had to wipe away a few tears when I began thinking about what had happened.

I was almost asleep when Landon's phone rang on the table. He carefully reached over me and answered.

"No?" he said confused. "I haven't seen her...Try calling her phone...Alright." he closed the phone and continued to smooth my hair.

"What happened?" I mumbled.

"I didn't mean to wake you." he said and I turned on my back to stare up at him. "But it was Paul, looking for Jamie."

I nodded. "Have you talked to her?"

He shook his head. "No, she said she was going to come by." he looked down at me. "Maybe she is still sleeping."

I glanced at the clock; 10:45AM. She is usually awake by 8:00AM. "Maybe."

He shrugged. "She'll turn up."

I nodded and closed my eyes. Landon laid down beside me and hugged me close to his chest. He lightly traced the planes of my face and neck.

"You're beautiful, you know that?" he whispered and I opened one eye and smiled at him. He smiled down at me and I answered him with a kiss.

I felt so safe with him. Everything about him was wonderful. I have never felt this way about anyone before and I loved it. I wrapped my arm around his waist and yawned into his chest.

He surprised me with his next question. "Do you want to go back to your mom?" he asked softly.

I looked up at him. "What do you mean?"

"Do you want to go back and live in your hometown and forget this all happened?" he smoothed my cheek. "You don't have to stay here anymore, you can go home."

I stared up at him and though tabout what he said.

Did I want to go home?

Did I want to leave him and everyone here?

What will happen to me if I go back?

I don't even know how long I have been gone.

If I go back I can take care of my mom and make sure nothing happens to her.

Keith will want to know everything.

Can I adjust to being alone again? Without Landon? Jamie? Everybody?