Loudmouthed ME + mafia YOU = A lot of crazy.

Someone tapped my shoulder and I snapped out of daze. I looked around the room and everyone was gone. Landon was standing beside me.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

I nodded dully and stood up.

"I was calling you for like five minutes." he said and glanced at me.

"Sorry." I mumbled and followed him out of Valencio's house.

Neither of us said anything in the car.

When we got to Landon's house I quickly got out of the car and walked to the house. As the front door shut behind me I ran to my room and locked the door behind me.

I laid down in the bed and stared at the wall.

A few hours later I had all the patterns in the wall and ceilings memorized and my arm was throbbing.

I sighed and sat up in the bed. The sun was going down and my stomach was growling ferociously from not eating anything all day.

Carefully, I pulled off my wrinkled shirt and put a tank top on.

I walked to the kitchen and found Landon sitting at the table drinking.

"Landon?" I said quietly.

He didn't turn around.

I walked closer to him and touched his shoulder. He looked up at me and then out the window. "Are you okay?"

He nodded.

I shrugged but didn't buy it. I walked over the cabinets and opened them looking for food. There was a bunch of dry foods. I pulled down a box of Alfredo dinner. "Have you eaten?" I asked him.

"No" he said quietly and took another drink of whatever he had in his cup. He stood up and walked over to the sink. "She was cheating on me." he said and poured his glass down the drain.

I bent over the sink and turned the water on. The clear water swirled the smell of vodka down the drain. "I know."

He looked at me. "What?"

I glanced at him and then back down at the sink. "I'm sorry. I should have told you but I tried--"

He just walked away.

I sighed and shook my head. "Landon."

He shook his head and walked down the hall.

I ran after him and grabbed his arm. He looked down at me. "You are really tall." I mumbled.

He rolled his eyes.

"I'm sorry, but I tried to tell you." I stared up at him. "Please don't hate me."

He gently pried my fingers from his arm and sighed. "Just forget about it." he said and raised his eyebrows.

"Okay?" I said, confused. My arm started hurting again and I winced and brought it up to my chest. "Do you have anything for pain?"

He nodded and I followed him down the hall to his room. He went in the bathroom and I leaned in the door. He started rustling around in the medicine cabinet and the end of his shirt came up and I saw a small scar on his side. It was the shape of a metal washer.

I stepped forward and touched it carefully. "What happened?" I asked.

He stood up and handed me a bottle of Tylenol. "The dangers of being the only son of a mob boss. Everyone hates you."

I stared up at him.

"I have more on my stomach and back." he said and took off his shirt.

I gaped. He was well defined but also the right side of his stomach was marred by small scars like the one on his back. I grabbed his waist and turned him so I could see his back. "Wow." I whispered and gently traced one above his hip bone. "I'm sorry." I looked back up at him.

"For what?" he asked and put his t-shirt back on.

"Your scars." I opened the bottle of pills and took two out.

"You didn't do it so why should you be sorry?" he asked and smiled tiredly.

I shook my head and handed him the bottle of pills. "It's just what people say." I walked out of his room and back to the kitchen.

Landon came in the kitchen and sat at the table. His hair fell over his eyes and made him look dangerous.

"Do you mind if I make this?" I shook the box of noodles.

"Go ahead. Make whatever you want." he put his feet in one of the other chairs.

"Okay then." I smiled to myself and looked around the large kitchen.

"The pots are in the cupboard beside the sink." he said and stood up. "Do you mind if I watch?"

"I don't mind." I turned and found the correct size cooking pot for the noodles.

After putting the noodles onto boil and very aware Landon was watching me I hopped up onto the counter and shook my hair out of my face.

I sighed and turned my arm so I could look at my brace. "I really wish I could take this off."

Thunder boomed outside and I screamed out of surprise.

Landon started laughing and I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Shut up." I said but then I started laughing.

He looked at me and smiled. "It was funny."

I rolled my eyes and jumped off the counter. "Right." but I smiled back anyway.

Then the rain started and thunder sounded again. "Is it always storming here?" I asked and walked to the French doors that led outside from the kitchen.

Landon followed me and shrugged. "Seems that way." he mumbled.

I looked up at him and watched the patterns of the rain on the window reflect on his face.

He noticed me staring at him and smiled at me.

Then I did something I never thought I would do in my life: I reached up and grabbed his face, which was hard because he is a lot taller than I am, and smashed my lips onto his.

He kissed me back and put his hands on my waist. I let go of his face and tangled my good hand in his hair.

He pushed me into the wall and his tongue ran across my bottom lip. I opened my mouth and his tongue ran over mine.

His phone rang and I broke away from him.

I realized what I just did and covered my mouth. "I'm sorry."

The phone continued ringing as I walked around him and to my room.

I closed the door and leaned against it. I could still feel his lips on mine and I closed my eyes. "I'm such an idiot." I whispered to myself.