Loudmouthed ME + mafia YOU = A lot of crazy.

Someone smoothed the hair out of my face and covered me up in a quilt. I carefully opened my eyes and Brian was propping my arm up. He looked at me and slid a pillow under my head.

I let my eyes close again but I didn't fall asleep.

"Thanks Brian, I owe you." Landon said quietly.

"Duh," Brian replied in the same hushed tone. They were quiet and I heard someone open the fridge. They came back and it got quiet again.

"She reminds me of Harley." Brian whispered.

"I know. They don't really look alike but they act the same. It's weird."

Brian didn't say anything. The two guys were quiet and I shifted but someone caught my arm gently. "Careful." Brian said quietly.

I opened my eyes and the felt heavy, like I would go to sleep at any moment. My whole body felt heavy. I was still messed up from the anesthesia.

"Can you hear me?" Brian asked.

I nodded slowly and looked at Landon. He stood up from the chair and kneeled beside Brian.

"How much drugs did you give her."\Landon asked Brian when I reached out and touched his hair.

"Just enough." Brian smiled but it didn't reach his eyes.

"Why are you so sad?" I slurred. I blinked a couple of times but everything was still wobbly.

His eyes narrowed slightly but then his expression softened. "Rough life." he said.

I wanted to say something else but I couldn't find the words. Landon yawned and sat with his back to the couch's arm.

"Why don't you try to get some sleep." Brian said and flicked off the light. The lamp at the opposite end of the couch was shining dully.

I shook my head and grabbed his arm when he stood up. "I'm not tired."

He sat back down and leaned back on the coffee table. I carefully reached out and traced the scar from his cheek to the base of his neck. He closed his eyes and reopened them when I pulled my hand away.

"What happened?"

"I tried to help my girlfriend and the guy who had her tried to kill me." he said and looked away.

"What happened to her?" I whispered.

"I don't know." he looked back at me.

"Was it Harley? You're girlfriend, I mean."

He nodded.

"I'm sorry." I pulled him closer and kissed his cheek. "Thanks for this." I motioned around me.

He smiled again but it still didn't reach his eyes. "You're welcome."

I closed my eyes and settled back into the couch. "Is Landon asleep?" I whispered.

Brian nodded.

"Will you stay with me until I fall asleep?" I whispered.

"Yeah." he said and put his chin on my pillow. "Do you want anything to eat or drink?"

I shook my head. "No." I laid on my back and waited patiently for the drugs to ware off. "Did you love her?"

"Yes." he closed his eyes.

"Did you want to marry her?" I turned on my side and faced him.

He nodded.

"Then why didn't you when you got the chance?"